Murud, Janjira and Kashid 2 Day Sightseeing Tour from Mumbai
Take a tour of Murud Janjira, a fort that lies on an island of its own, and also visit the coastal town of Kashid. Avail 600 kilometres of usage of a private car.
- Explore the fort, which was once operated by Siddis and remained unconquered till India's independence.
- Watch India's third-largest cannon, which weighs 22 tonnes.
- Visit the coastal town of Kashid.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Connect with us Live, click on the 'Chat' button or WhatsApp Click here
Murud, Janjira and Kashid: A 2-Day Sightseeing Tour from Mumbai Detailed overview
Murud-Janjira is a fort located on an oval-shaped rock off the coast of the village of Murud, in the Raigad district of Maharastra. This fort is considered one of the strongest marine forts in India. The fort is approached by sailboats from Rajapuri Jetty. The fort was built by Malik Ambar, an Abyssinian minister in the service of the Sultan of Ahmednagar, who belonged to the Nizamshahi dynasty. The fort, built at the end of the 17th century, is almost entirely intact today.
On the other hand, Kashid is a scenic coastal town almost 30 kilometres from Alibaug and in the North Konkan region of Maharashtra.
Murud, Janjira and Kashid: A 2-Day Sightseeing Tour from Mumbai Suggested Itinerary
Day 1: Mumbai to Murud and Janjira
- Start your journey early in the morning from Mumbai towards Murud.
- Enjoy a scenic drive along the picturesque coastline of Maharashtra as you head towards Murud Janjira, which is about 160 kilometres from Mumbai and would take you 4 and a half hours to reach Murud Janjira.
- Reach Murud and check into your accommodation. Take some time to freshen up and relax before continuing your exploration.
- Visit Murud-Janjira Fort: Head to the majestic Murud-Janjira Fort, situated on an island off the coast of Murud. Explore this impressive sea fortress, known for its robust architecture and historical significance as an unconquered fort.
- Enjoy Sunset at Murud Beach: After exploring the fort, unwind at Murud Beach and soak in the breathtaking views of the Arabian Sea as the sun sets over the horizon.
- Indulge in delicious local cuisine at a seaside restaurant in Murud. Then, retire for the night at your chosen accommodation.
Day 2: Murud to Kashid and Return to Mumbai
- Start your day with a hearty breakfast at your hotel in Murud.
- Travel to Kashid Beach: Check out of your accommodation and embark on a short drive to Kashid Beach, known for its pristine shoreline and turquoise waters.
- Spend the morning relaxing on the beach, swimming in the crystal-clear waters, or indulging in water sports activities such as banana boat rides or jet skiing (optional, at your own expense).
- Enjoy a delicious seafood lunch at a beachside shack or a local restaurant in Kashid.
- Post-lunch, you may visit the following places:
- Kasa Fort: Padmadurg, also known as Kasa Fort, is one of five historical sea forts built by Shivaji Maharaj in 1672–1673 C.E. It was built to challenge the Murud-Janjira.
- Korlai Fort: Korlai Fort is a Portuguese fortification in the town of Korlai Maharastra, about 30 kilometres from Kasa Fort.
- Khokari Tombs: Khokari tombs are three 500-year-old massive stone tombs of the early rulers of the erstwhile Janjira state.
- If time permits and you're interested in wildlife, you can visit the nearby Phansad Wildlife Sanctuary to explore its rich biodiversity and spot various species of flora and fauna.
- Bid farewell to Kashid and start your journey back to Mumbai.
- Arrival in Mumbai: Reach Mumbai by late evening, where your memorable 2-day sightseeing tour concludes. You can choose to be dropped off at your accommodation or any preferred location in the city.
- This is not a guided tour; the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- The itinerary mentioned is suggestive; you may skip or add places.
- Its an outstation tour; a cab can not be used for local Mumbai sightseeing tour
- Hotel pickup and drop (within Mumbai city limits)
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab
- The driver and fuel charges
- Usage of the vehicle for 600 kilometres
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 9600 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.