Ripchar Valley Trek
A very interesting trek beginning at Lamayuru and walking up the less traveled Ripchar valley with its small villages, nomadic settlements and pastures where we see a wide variety of flowers from end of July to end of August and birds too. We cross some high passes with excellent views of the Karakorams and the Zanskar ranges.
Day 01 : Fly Delhi-Leh (3500m)
Transfer to Hotel. Rest & Acclimatise.
Day 02 : In Leh (3500m)
Visit the famous Shey & Thiksey monasteries in the morning, return to the hotel for lunch explore the interesting Leh market in the evening.
Day 03 : Leh to Hinju (3750m) 5-6hrs drive & 1 hr walk
Drive Leh to just short of the village Hinju, visit the famous Alchi monastery. Hinju a pretty village, with its eleventh century gompa high up on a crag, makes a pleasant place to stop. We walk for about an hour along the Ripchar valley to reach the small campsite of Hinju.
Day 04 : Hinju to Sumdo Chenmo (4300m) 7-8hrs
The Ripchar Valley gets more and more beautiful the higher up we walk, with its thick growth of willows and dramatic views back to rock pinnacles on the sky line. It’s a short but steep ascent from the camp to the top of this pass, but rewards with views all the way back to the Prinkiti La. Descend steeply to the Sumdo Chenmo.
Day 05 : Sumdo Chenmo to Lanak(4000m) 5-6hrs
The initially steep descent to the Sumda Valley becomes more gentle towards Lanak. Camp by the river, Sumda Chu.
Day 06 : Lanak to Chilling (3250m) over Dungduchun La(4700m) 7-8hrs
The isolated village of Sumda shows few signs of change and the villagers are largely self-sufficient. From the village the path goes over a small pass, Dungduchun La. There are fantastic views from the top. Follow the path and the stream down the valley to Chilling.
Day 07: Chilling to Leh 2 hrs drive
Chilling is a fairly large village famous for producing some of the best metalwork in Ladakh.
Post breakfast drive to Leh, Check in the hotel for lunch on reaching Leh. Opportunities to shop in the Leh market. Overnight Hotel.
Day 08: Fly Leh-Delhi.
Early morning transfer to Airport for Leh – Delhi flight.
- All transfers in a non AC SUV as per the itinerary above from pick up at Leh Airport to drop at Leh Airport
- Transfer of trek staff and supplies to and from the trek start & finish points
- Hotels in Leh, guest houses / fixed camps at otherplaces on Twin Sharing Basis
- Breakfast & dinner at hotels,
- All permits for the tour, a guide for all monastery sightseeing in Leh,
- An escort to accompany onall drives outside Leh,all meals on the trek, camp staff, guide,
- Porterage of upto 15 kgs of personal baggage, cook, support vehicle, tented accommodation on twin share
- All common camping and trekking equipment,sanctuary fee, royalty, permits.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.