Sakleshpur Road Trip
An adventurous and fun-filled Christmas weekend road trip to Sakleshpur. There is trekking, camping, visit hidden waterfalls and more, something the nature lover in you would happy to do.
- Hike up to Pandavara Gudda and visit an ancient temple at the top.
- Explore Manjrabad fort and Shettihalli church which are of different architectural styles.
- Rejuvenate and revive in Abbi waterfalls and take a coffee plantation walk
Sakleshpur is a town located in the western ghats of Karnataka that boasts incredible biodiversity. The climate of the region is temperate, making the place an ideal spot for coffee and spice plantations. For people who love to explore nature, Sakleshpur offers an ideal getaway. Abbi falls is a beautiful waterfall located amid the forest makes it almost a private waterfall due to less tourist/ local crowd. It is also called as Mookanamane Abbi waterfalls. Come and join us for the best nature-friendly experience with a rejuvenating visit to the waterfall and a small hike.
Day 1: Journey from Bangalore to Sakleshpur
- The guests are requested to report at the nearest pick-up point by 10:00 pm (please refer the meet-up information for pick up points)
- The road journey to Sakleshpur is approximately 225 km and may take up to 5 hours.
Day 2: Check-in to camps-Explore Abbi waterfalls, plantation walk & hike to Pandavara Gudda
- The group is expected to reach Sakleshpur by 6:00 am.
- The guests can freshen-up at the camping site while breakfast is being prepared.
- After breakfast, leave for Abbi waterfalls where you'll have enough time to relax by the natural water pool created by the waterfall.
- Sakleshpur has great plantations of Coffee, a plantation guided tour for all the guests will be arranged after the visit to the Abbi waterfalls.
- A small hike to Pandavara Gudda would be arranged once the guests are done with the lunch.
- The group will drive to the starting point for the hike from where everyone will have to begin walking.
- It will be a small 2 km hike to Pandavara Gudda. At the top, Bettada Bahiraveshwara temple can we visited as it offers some stunning views of the Western Ghats.
- Reach back to the campsite and relax around the campfire after a trek.
- The guests are served with a freshly prepared dinner and wind up the day by camping under the stars.
Day 3: Visit Manjarabad Fort, Shettihalli church and back to Bangalore.
- Start the day early, freshen up while the breakfast is getting ready.
- Check-out from the camp after breakfast and head to the Devil's Hill, a popular viewpoint in the region.
- Next place of visit is the magnificent Manjarabad Fort.
- Manjjarabad Fort: Highlights the Islamic architecture style and the iconic arched entrances. The fort was built by Tipu Sultan as an army fort in order to set up a defensive post. Built in a star formation, the fort controls the ways of the nearby coastal areas, which in those times could be used to access the Deccan plateau beyond Sakleshpur.
- The lunch break would be taken during the road journey and before the visit to the Hemavathi Backwaters.
- The last place of the visit will be Shettihalli Rosary Church, built in the 1860s by the French missionaries. The church is particularly popular as it gets submerged in water during rainy season and resurfaces once the water has receded.
- The road journey to Bangalore may take up to 5-6 hours and we're expected to reach by 8 pm.
- Transportation from Bangalore and back.
- Accommodation in the campsite (twin or triple sharing basis).
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 lunch (veg) and 1 dinner (veg/non-veg).
- Visit to the places as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Bonfire at the campsite.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3950 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.