Belur, Halebidu & Shravanabelagola 2 Day Tour from Bangalore
Embark on a historical journey towards Belur and Halebidu which was under the control of Hoysala kingdom. On the second day visit Shravanabelagola which has the largest monolith statue of Gommateshwara in the world.
- Visit the oldest temples of Hoysala kingdom in Belur and Halebidu and witness the carvings, shrines and Hoysala emblem.
- Explore the Gomatheeswara statue is the largest monolithic idol in the world.
The ancient city of Belur, located on the banks of the Yagachi River in Hassan district, is cloaked in mystique. It was previously called Velapura. Belur is known for its Chennakeshava temple, which was commissioned by King Vishnuvardhana in 1117 CE.
Halebidu is located in Hassan district of Karnataka, which was called Dwarasamudra. It was the capital of Hoysalas in 12th century. It is the home for some of the beautiful Hoysala architecture. Most notable are the ornate Hoysaleshwara & Kedareshwara temples.
Gomateshwara Statue: Also known as the Bahubali Statue, this 10th-century statue is 17 meters high and believed to be one of the tallest Gomateshwara statues in the world. It was constructed by General of King Rajamalla, Chamundaraya during the Ganga Dynasty.
Day 1: Start from Bangalore, visit temples of Belur and Halebidu
- The driver will pick up the guests from a given address or your hotel in Bangalore
- Drive to Belur which is a 4 hours drive from Bangalore.
- Visit Chennakesava Temple and which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is built in star shape.
- Drive to Halebidu and explore its ancient temple - Hoysaleshwara temple which is dedicated to Lord Shiva and Halebidu was the capital of Hoysalas.
- After the visit, the guests are dropped back to the hotel in Belur or Hassan.
Day 2: Visit Shravanabelagola and drive back to Bangalore
- After breakfast, we will drive to Shravanabelagola and visit Vindhyagiri Hill on which main temple and Bahubali statue is located. This is one of the most important pilgrimage centers of Jainism.
- Gomateshwara statue situated at Vindhyagiri hill is the largest monolith statue in the world.
- We will proceed to visit Kachina and Lakki Pond
- After the visit, we will drive back to Bangalore which is almost 3 hours journey and reach Bangalore by late evening.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Bangalore city hotel/residence
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan Car or SUV (as chosen)
- Driver and fuel charges
- Driver meals and accommodation
- Sightseeing tour
- Usage of the vehicle up to 600 KM (More than enough)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 8150 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.