Coorg Exploration and Cycling for Beginners
If you enjoy mountain biking, then this would be the best mountain biking trip along the hilly and curvy roads of Coorg.
- Go mountain biking in the amazing landscape of Coorg and feel the thrill of the wind on your face!
- Explore the curvy roads of Coorg by mountain biking with all gears provided.
- Take a Coorg coffee plantation walk and see Coorg off the beaten track
Coorg is located on the eastern slopes of the Western Ghats which runs parallel to the western coast of the Indian peninsula. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the eight “hottest hotspots” of biological diversity in the world. Coorg is known for its Coffee, Black Pepper and Cardamom, the altitude and humidity provides an opportunity to grow Coffee, Arabica and Robusta are the 2 different variants of Coffee that are grown here. The majestic mountain valleys make way for mesmerizing mountainous roads that are made for Mountain Biking. MTB can be enjoyed throughout the year except for monsoon season from June to August. The canopy above, humidity and the moderate temperature are ideal for biking.
Biking Route Details
- Total Distance: 58km (36mi)
- Time: 5 to 6 Hours
- Terrain: Tarmac with gradual climbs and descends
- Average Temperature: 28.6 °C (83.5 °F)
This triangular circuit goes through nearby town Suntikoppa (1020m) to Chettalli (800m). This is a narrow road with less traffic and Coffee estates on either side of the trail. Chettalli is a small town famous for Central Horticultural Experiment Station – one can purchase fruits, vegetables, and plants of different species. The road then leads toward the town of Madikeri (1150m) which is the district capital of the Coorg district. The road from Madikeri back to Suntikoppa is NH-275, it’s mostly downhill with relatively. The same route is taken from Suntikoppa to reach the hostel.
Day 1: An overnight journey to Coorg
- The guests are requested to report at selected pick up points on time.
- We will take an overnight journey by road to Coorg.
Day 2: Reach Coorg & enjoy cycling.
- We reach early morning at the hostel and freshen up and have the freshly prepared breakfast.
- We will have a quick briefing session on the activity and the route taken and the bicycles & gears are distributed.
- Start cycling from lush green homestay to Chettalli which is 21 km and this trail has curvy roads and lush green forests.
- We can take a break here for a few minutes and ride towards Madikeri which is almost 16 km.
- Take a break for lunch. Energy bar, bananas, energy gel, cereal bar, sandwich and fruit drink is provided for all the guests.
- After lunch, take the route towards Suntikoppa which would be 14 km approximately and return back to the homestay before sunset.
- Take rest and enjoy the sumptuous dinner served at the hostel.
- Feel the warmth by the campfire and end the day.
Day 3: Plantation walk & journey back to Bangalore
- Early morning, freshen up and take a short walk in the coffee plantations around the hostel with the guide.
- Have breakfast at the hostel and we will head back to Bangalore.
- On the way back to Bangalore we will be visiting Dubare Elephant Camp.
- The group is expected to reach Bangalore by 9:00 pm.
- Transportation from Bangalore (Car/SUV/Tempo Traveler)
- Service of a knowledgeable guide
- Cycling and Helmet
- Puncture Kit, Air pump, Lubes, Tools
- Back-up vehicle
- Meals (2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch & 1 Dinner)
- Shared accommodation in Coorg hostel
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.