Pedong & Kalimpong: The Pine Village Tour
The east Indian hill towns of Pedong and Kalimpong await you, come take a break in the scenic landscapes of West Bengal.
- 2 nights and 3 days experience in Pedong and Kalimpong.
- Village and nature walk with a guide.
- Take a tour of the places like the Pedong bazaar for shopping of the handicrafts and relics.
- Visit the Dello Hills and the cactus garden at Kalimpong.
Pedong is a small town in the Kalimpong district, it holds great historical architectures like the Damsang Gadi, a fort built in 1690 AD by the Lepchas. The highlight of the town is the cross hill, which is considered as a significant pilgrimage site by the Christians.
Kalimpong is situated at the foothills of the Shivalik range in the Himalayan region. Kalimpong is one of the most picturesque hill stations in the country and brings one closer to the miracle of Mother Nature. Kalimpong is located at an elevation of 1250 sq.ft above the sea level. The hill station is world-renowned for its flora and Buddhist monasteries. It is a wonderful sight to see the roads fringed on each side by lines and lines of these delicate and fragrant flowers. The hill station is blessed with five distinct seasons’ summer, spring, autumn, monsoons, and winter.
Day 1: Arrival at Pedong
- In the morning you will be received at New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) by your host post which you will be transferred to Pedong.
- The host will assist you for the forwarding journey to Pedong which will be of 100 kilometres and will take you close to 3 ½ - 4 hours.
- Pedong lies 20 kilometres east of Kalimpong on the way to Lava at an altitude of 1240 metres (4071 feet) on a ridge, commands a panoramic view of the Kanchenjunga and the Himalayan range.
- The villages nearby are Sakyong, Kasyong, Dalep, Kagey, Upper Menchu and Lower Menchu.
- You will have the evening free to stroll around Pedong bazaar for shopping of handicrafts and relics, post which you will be staying overnight stay at the hotel in Pedong.
Day 2: Village Tours
- On the second day after a nice warm breakfast, you will head for Pedong local sightseeing.
- Near Pedong are the ruins of Damsang Gadi, a fort built in 1690 AD by the Lepchas, a centre of the long-standing feud with the Dukpas of Bhutan.
- The Damsang fort (Damsang Gadi) is the only fort in the entire district of Darjeeling and is worth visiting
- You will be visiting several attractions among which some are the Cross Hill, Silent Valley on the way to Sillery Gaon, Sangchen Dorjee Monastery, Tinchuley Hill, Rikkisum, Franco-Swiss Museum etc.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be heading back to the hotel and stay for the night at Pedong.
Day 3: Departure Transfer
- On the last and the final leg of your journey, you will be visiting Kalimpong enroute North Jalpaiguri.
- You will visit the Dello Hills and the cactus garden and Morgan House in Kalimpong.
- After the completion of your Kalimpong tour, you will be dropped back at North Jalpaiguri railway station.
- All transfers & sightseeing as mentioned in itinerary in private vehicle
- Accommodation in budget Hotel in Dooars on twin sharing basis
- Extra Bed in case of an extra person in the room
- Breakfast throughout the tour
- Driver's Allowance
- Toll & Parking Charges
- Charges of the village & nature walk with the guide
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6320 Per Person