Brahma Tal Trek
Brahma Tal trek is a moderate winter trek gaining popularity rapidly in the last couple of years.
Never ending ridge lines, sprawling Bugyal, High altitude lakes, majestic peak views, and fresh snow on the trail are a compelling proposition for the Brahma Tal winter trek. Also, it will be unjust to the Brahma Tal trek route if we don’t mention the mesmerizing sunrise and sunset colors here. You will witness surely stunning dawn and dusk color, from Lohajung as well as Brahma Tal camp. The lake is a hidden and secluded one amidst the ridge, whereas per legend, Lord Brahma meditated.
The peak view from the route is captivating; from east to west you can see the High Himalayan ranges. On the right eastward direction we can see Mrigthuni, Trishul, and straight north the Bethartoli Himal and Nandaghunti. On the left westward side we can see the massive Chaukhamba, Neelkanth, Kamet, Hathi and Ghoda peaks. This is just the opposite ridge of the famous Roopkund trek and offers a Birds-eye view of the route including Ali Bugyal, Bedni Bugyal, Roopkund and Junargali including far poised the famous Ronty saddle.
Brahma Tal Trek Itinerary:
Day 1: Drive from Kathgodam to Lohajung:220 km -10/11 hours
- The guests are picked from Kathgodam in the morning and travel to Lohajung.
- Lohajung is about 220 km away and it will take 10/11 hours to reach.
- The road is through the Kumaon region and mostly goes along widespread valleys of Shivalik Himalayas. We cross Almora and Kausani on our way.
- We are expected to reach Lohajung by late evening and the guests are dropped in tourist rest house/lodge.
Day 2: Trek to Bekhal Tal/Khopdalia campsite: 6 Km - 4/5 hours
- We will start the trek today. We walk gradually up on the ridge starting just beside Lohajung and walk on a gentle gradient up encircling the mountain
- Enroute, witness the magnificent view of Didna village and Nandaghunti mountain.
- The walk goes inside the jungle of conifer, cedar, oak and fir.
- After walking, we will reach the campsite and have the hot served lunch here.
- Bekhal lake is just 10 minutes from the campsite, one may take a visit to the lake.
- Overnight camping at the campsite to end the day.
Day 3: Trek to Brahma Tal: 6 Km - 4/5 hours
- Rise early morning and have breakfast and we will start the main trail from the campsite today.
- The trail takes us inside the forest which is a mix of Rhododendrons and conifers.
- There is a moderate climb of one and half hour & we continue to walk with occasional breaks.
- We will reach the edge of Bugyal, the high altitude of meadows of the Himalayas which has an enchanting view of several peaks.
- After another hour of walking we descent on the left slope to reach the lake, Brahma Tal.
- The lake is hard to locate from far but one needs to be close enough to get the glimpse of the dark turquoise water.
- After sumptuous dinner, we will camp overnight in this place.
Day 4: Trek to Khamila Top and back to Brahma Tal: 7 Km - 6/7 hours
- We will start the trek by 6-6:30 am in the morning to Khamila top.
- It is a moderate climb to the top of the ridge for 3-4 hours and expected to reach by 10:00 am.
- The last stretch to summit is boulder strewn. The view from top is truly a panorama of more than 180°. From here you can see peaks of Badrinath valley, from west Chaukhamba, Neelkanth to Hati Ghoda to our north east Nanda Ghunti, Bethartoli Himal, Ronty, Trishul, Mrigthuni to Maiktoli, Devtoli in east.
- After spending half an hour we start descending our camp at Brahma Tal and rest for the day.
Day 5: Trek down to Lohajung – 12 Km – 6/7 hours
- This day after breakfast, we will start descending down to Lohajung.
- This trail is about 6/7 hours and on the way, we can witness the panoramic views of valleys.
- We will reach Lohajung by evening and we can even witness the sunset on the valley side.
- Rest for the day in the lodge.
Day 6: Drive to Rishikesh/Haridwar - 250-270 Km - 10/11 hours
- Morning, we will start our return journey to Haridwar which is almost 270 km from Lohajung.
- We are expected to reach Rishikesh/Haridwar by late evening.
- The trip ends here and return back with the cherished memories of the trek.
- 2 night’s accommodation at Lohajung (Day 1 & Day 5) in a lodge on sharing basis and dinner.
- All meals during the trek. Regular Indian style nutritious vegetarian food during the trek (including occasional eggs), breakfast packed/hot lunch (depending upon the time you reach a campsite), snacks, dinner along with coffee/tea/soup.
- Excellent Trekking Guide, who will be a local to this particular area and has a profound knowledge of the trekking trails around.
- Specialized Cook, Support staff, Porters/Packed Animals for carrying the central logistics of the trek.
- Stay in tents (3 person dome or ridge-shaped tents) on sharing basis during the trek.
- Camping equipment like a Sleeping bag, Carry mattress, Gaiters, Microspikes/Crampon. (Bring your own sleeping if you have a high altitude specific personal Sleeping Bag. This is always better for hygienic reasons.)
- Kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent as required during the trek.
- All permit fee, camping charges, forest levy required for the trek.
- Basic Medical & First Aid kit.
- Accidental Insurance Policy covering high altitude trekking tours (For Indian nationals it is included in the TREK FEE, up to 60 years of age). It covers your trek as well as your return journey to Haridwar/Kathgodam
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 8295 Per Person