Dalhousie Winter Trekking
Experience the wonderful Himalayas on your next winter vacation! Go aboard on an exciting Himalayan winter trekking experience with your adventure buddies and explore the true thrill of the white wonders of Himachal!
- Winter treks are at lower altitude and shorter in distance.
- An adventurous and yet easy trekking experience in Dalhousie.
- Service of experienced guides, and visit the Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Stays in well-maintained tents.
Dalhousie, a scenic hill station town seated on the western edges of Dhauladhar Range of Himalayas, was founded by Lord Dalhousie in India and has been named after him. This quaint town which still echoes the colonial charm of British Raj was once the favourite summer retreat for the entire British regime. It is built on and around five little hills, Kathalagh, Tehra, Bakrota, Bhangora and Potrien. These hills are nestled beside each other forming a beautiful cocoon of valleys that lay hidden for a long time. The rulers of Chamba were secluded from the peering eyes of Sultans and others due to the lack of proximity. Thus, they were able to live there for a long time. Dalhousie is known for its great mountains, sweeping meadows, sprawling valleys and enchanting views of the brilliant snow peaked Himalayas ahead.
Day 01: Arrival in Dalhousie (6900 feet)
- Upon arrival in Dalhousie, you will have to report at the base camp and spend time enjoying the weather of the hill station.
- After a short briefing and orientation, you may indulge in pleasant nature walks around the place.
- Later, enjoy a good night’s sleep, contemplating the venturesome journey ahead. Stay overnight at the camp.
Day 02: Dalhousie to Kalatop Wild Sanctuary | 8200 feet | 8 km - 7/8 hours
- Today, the hiking part of the Winter Trek in Dalhousie begins, as you proceed from Dalhousie to Kalatop Wild Sanctuary.
- The trail will allow you to explore the diverse flora of the region, and if you are lucky, you might just spot a regional animal too.
- Trekking here is the best way to explore the beauty of the place. You will be staying overnight at Kalatop.
Day 03: Kalatop Wild Sanctuary to Khajjiar | 6300 feet | 11 km - 6/7 hours
- Khajjiar often called the mini Switzerland of India, is your destination on the third day of the trek.
- The beauty of the place and its serenity will leave you spellbound.
- Beginning from Kalatop, the trail, on thick snow, will take you to Khajjiar. Majestic views of high mountains will accompany you on the trail, all along the way.
- You will be staying overnight at Khajjiar.
Day 04: Khajjiar to Chamba | Chamba to Dalhousie
- The short trek from Khajjiar to Chamba will refresh you with the beauty of the lush forest.
- You will arrive at Chamba transfer point from where you will be taken to Dalhousie for an overnight stay.
Day 05: Departure from Dalhousie
- The trip concludes here on the fifth and the final day.
- Have a scrumptious breakfast and then you can disperse for your onward destination.
- Accommodation during the trek on sharing basis (Depending on the group size)
- All meals ( Starting from Lunch on Day 1 till Breakfast on Day 5)
- Experienced mountain guide and cook
- Camping arrangement (tents + sleeping bag + camping mattresses + camping stool/chair + first aid)
- Forest entry charges payable at the forest check post
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
An expert qualified Trek leader is assigned to lead every trek. Along with support staff, guides, cooks and porters accompany you during the trek. Post booking all details including trip coordinator details are shared on booking voucher on email and app.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4590 Per Person