Triund Trek & Camping
The Triund Trek will take you on a journey with spectacular views of snow-clad mountains, grassy meadows, and amazing starry skies.
- Overnight camping at Mana Village with beautiful views of the Kangra Valley.
- The perfect destination for occasional or first-time trekkers.
- Trek through lush green meadows and see waterfalls, snow-capped mountains all around.
- Daily Availability: Fixed daily departure for even a single member.
- Free Facility: Facility to change, freshen-up and keep your extra luggage at basecamp.
Detailed Trek Overview
Triund, near Mcleodganj, is a perfect trekking destination for first-time or occasional trekkers. In this trek package, all arrangements are already taken care of. All you have to do is enjoy the short adventure trip with our experienced guide. Triund lies at the foothills of the sublime Dhauladhar range. Triund offers panoramic views of the peaks on one side and the luscious Kangra valley on the other. Total trek distance of 9 kilometres takes 4-6 hours and takes you to an altitude of 2,875 meters. Last one kilometre of the ascent is a little steep and requires some effort.
The trail of the Triund trek goes through a forest with a myriad of trees from oak to deodar and rhododendron. Because of its natural beauty, the trail is famous amongst youngsters. Every weekend trekkers from all over India reach Delhi to take this trek.
While on the trek, there are many small tea stalls and cafes set up along the trail where refreshments can be had. At Triund Top, hot food is served and stay arranged in comfortable tents. Spend the night under the beautiful star-studded night sky. Next morning witness the exquisite sunrise at this in midst of high Himalayan peaks and take a light stroll till the snowline. Temperature and weather at this place are perfect from March to June and August to November.
The return route from the Triund offers a variety of views and experiences. From dewy meadows to the gushing Bhagsu waterfall – no better way to end the Triund trek.
Triund Trekking Package Itinerary:
Day 1: Report at Dharamkot Base Camp by 8:00 AM and Trek to Triund Top and Overnight Camps in Mana Village
- You will have to report by 8:00 AM at the Base Camp in Dharamkot.
- At around 9:00 AM you may freshen-up and keep luggage for free of cost at base camp.
- Post which you will begin the 4-5 hour trek to Triund which goes via Dharamkot & Naddi.
- At around 1:00 PM you will relish the packed lunch on the way.
- Once you reach the Triund top (2875m) at 4:00 pm. you are free to explore the nearby area on your own.
- Post exploration in Triund Top, you would be heading downhill to Mana Village, which is about 2 kilometres from Triund Top.
- At around 5:30 PM you will be served snacks & tea.
- Hot and fresh dinner will be served at the campsite at around 8:30 PM, we camp overnight at Mana Village.
Day 2: Trek back from Mana Village to Dharamkot Base Camp
- Next day at around 7:00 AM you may freshen up and have breakfast at the scenic Mana Village campsite.
- At around 8:00 AM you may relax in early morning fresh air and visit Snow Line (optional).
- 10:00 AM will mark the check out time from Mana Village site and you will start the trek back to Dharamkot base camp.
- The trek ends as we reach back to the Base Camp in Dharamkot at 2:00 PM.
- All Meals during the trek, i.e. Day 1: Packed Lunch, Dinner; Day 2: Breakfast
- Packed Lunch/ Dinner: 2 Veg Dishes, Chapati and Rice
- Breakfast: Aloo Puri/ Bread and Omelette/ Paratha
- Free cloakroom facility and resting room facilities at the Base Camp at Mcleodganj
- Service of expert guides
- Porters are to carry only the tents and the equipment required for camping at Triund
- Camp accommodation at Triple sharing basis and individual sleeping bags (couples will be given camps on Twin sharing basis)
- Common toilet tents
- Government & Forest Department Permits
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Mobile reception is available in some stretches during the trek, but Triund does not have mobile reception. Vodafone & BSNL network does show-up sometimes but would not be of much use.
Triund trek is not a tough trek and usually takes about 5-6 hours to reach Triund from Mcleodganj. The total Triund trek distance is about 7 Kms. Last 2 Kms are little steep.
Yes taking a guide is advisable for Triund Trek as weather is unpredictable in such areas and an experienced guide knows how to deal in such situations. Guide must be a trained professional.
As Triund trail is little rocky, hiking shoes are recommended, have at least shoes with a good grip and extra pair of socks. A warm jacket according to the season and must carry a raincoat or poncho in rainy season. There is no need to carry food/snacks as there are shops & cafes along the trail and also on top.
Reporting location for the trek is the Base camp situated on Dharamkot road in Mcleod Ganj. Volvo buses will drop you at Mcleodganj bus stand OR Dharamshala Bypass (in peak season traffic). Once you get down there at the bus stop, local buses OR taxis are available frequently which can be used to reach the basecamp (exact address is shared in the booking voucher after the booking is made).
Although Triund is an easy trek, conditions at Triund Top can be unpredictable sometimes. Bad weather if encountered may not be best for small child. Camping at night with 5 year old or younger child on Triund Top is not advisable. Day hike can be done.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1090 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.