Triund Trek & Camping
The Triund Trek will take you on a journey with spectacular views of snow clad mountains, grassy meadows, and amazing starry skies.
- Overnight camping atop the Triund hill with beautiful views of the Kangra Valley
- The perfect destination for occasional or first-time trekkers.
- Trek through lush green meadows and see waterfalls, snow-capped mountains all around.
- Daily Availability: Fixed daily departure for even a single member.
- Free Facility: Facility to change, freshen-up and keep your extra luggage at basecamp.
Detailed Trek Overview
Triund, near Mcleodganj, is a perfect trekking destination for first-time or occasional trekkers. In this trek package, all arrangements are already taken care of. All you have to do is enjoy the short adventure trip with our experienced guide. Triund lies at the foothills of the sublime Dhauladhar range. Triund offers panoramic views of the peaks on one side and the luscious Kangra valley on the other. Total trek distance of 9 kilometers takes 4-6 hours and takes you to an altitude of 2,875 meters. Last one kilometer of the ascent is a little steep and requires some effort.
The trail of the Triund trek goes through a forest with a myriad of trees from oak to deodar and rhododendron. Because of its natural beauty, the trail is famous amongst youngsters. Every weekend trekkers from all over India reach Delhi to take this trek.
While on the trek, there are many small tea stalls and cafes set up along the trail where refreshments can be had. At Triund Top, hot food is served and stay arranged in comfortable tents. Spend the night under the beautiful star-studded night sky. Next morning witness the exquisite sunrise at this in midst of high Himalayan peaks and take a light stroll till the snowline. Temperature and weather at this place are perfect from March to June and August to November.
Return route from the Triund offers a variety of views and experiences. From dewy meadows to the gushing Bhagsu waterfall – no better way to end the Triund trek.
Triund Trekking Package Itinerary:
Day 1: Report at Mcleodganj Base Camp by 10:00 AM and Trek to Triund Top
- You will be reporting by 10:00 am at the Base Camp in Mcleodganj.
- At around 11:00 am you may freshen-up and keep luggage for free of cost at base camp.
- Post which at 11:30 am you will begin the 4-5 hour trek to Triund which goes via Dharamkot & Naddi.
- At around 1:00 pm you will relish the packed lunch on the way.
- Once you reach the Triund top (2875m) at 4:00 pm, you are free to explore the nearby area on your own
- At around 5:30 pm you will be served snacks & tea.
- Hot and fresh dinner will be served at the campsite at around 8:30 pm, we camp overnight at Triund.
Day 2: Trek back from Triund Top to Mcleodganj Base Camp
- Next day at around 7:00 am you may freshen up and have breakfast at the scenic Triund Hilltop campsite.
- At around 8:00 am you may relax in early morning fresh air and visit Snow Line (optional).
- 10:00 am will mark the check out time from Triund camping site and you will start the trek back to Mcleodganj base camp.
- The trek ends as we reach back to the Base Camp in Mcleodganj at 2:00 pm.
- All Meals during the trek, i.e. packed lunch, snacks and dinner on Day 1, breakfast on Day 2
- Packed Lunch: 1 Veg Sandwich, 2 Bananas, 1 Chocolate, 1 biscuit packet, 1 packaged juice
- Evening tea on Day 1
- Dinner: Dal, Mix Veg or Mutter Paneer, Rice and Roti
- Breakfast: Bread Omelette or Maggi or Aloo Paratha with Tea
- Free cloakroom facility and resting room facilities at the Base Camp at Mcleodganj
- Service of expert guides
- Porters are to carry only the tents and the equipments required for camping at Triund
- Camp accommodation at Triple sharing basis and individual sleeping bags (couples will be given camps on Twin sharing basis - subject to availability)
- Common toilet tents
- Government & Forest Department Permits
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Triund trek is not a tough trek and usually takes about 5-6 hours to reach Triund from Mcleodganj. The total Triund trek distance is about 7 Kms. Last 2 Kms are little steep.
79 travellers found this helpful
Mobile reception is available in some stretches during the trek, but Triund does not have mobile reception. Vodafone & BSNL network does show-up sometimes but would not be of much use.
53 travellers found this helpful
Yes taking a guide is advisable for Triund Trek as weather is unpredictable in such areas and an experienced guide knows how to deal in such situations. Guide must be a trained professional.
46 travellers found this helpful
As Triund trail is little rocky, hiking shoes are recommended, have at least shoes with a good grip and extra pair of socks. A warm jacket according to the season and must carry a raincoat or poncho in rainy season. There is no need to carry food/snacks as there are shops & cafes along the trail and also on top.
47 travellers found this helpful
The reporting location of the trek - McLeodganj Base Camp is about 1 km walking distance from McLeodganj Bus Stand. Exact reporting address and local contact details are sent automatically in email/SMS once booking is done.
62 travellers found this helpful
Although Triund is an easy trek, conditions at Triund Top can be unpredictable sometimes. Bad weather if encountered may not be best for small child. Camping at night with 5 year old or younger child on Triund Top is not advisable. Day hike can be done.
7 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1490 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.