Triund Day Hike
The Triund Trek will take you on a journey with spectacular views of snow clad mountains, grassy meadows, and amazing starry skies.
- The perfect destination for occasional or first-time trekkers.
- Trek through lush green meadows and see waterfalls, snow-capped mountains all around.
- Daily Availability: Fixed daily departure for even a single member.
- Free Facility: Facility to change, freshen-up and keep your extra luggage at basecamp.
Detailed Trek Overview
Triund, near Mcleodganj, is a perfect trekking destination for first-time or occasional trekkers. In this trek package, all arrangements are already taken care of. All you have to do is enjoy the short adventure trip with our experienced guide. Triund lies at the foothills of the sublime Dhauladhar range. Triund offers panoramic views of the peaks on one side and the luscious Kangra valley on the other. Total trek distance of 9 kilometres takes 4-6 hours and takes you to an altitude of 2,875 meters. Last one kilometre of the ascent is a little steep and requires some effort.
The trail of the Triund trek goes through a forest with a myriad of trees from oak to deodar and rhododendron. Because of its natural beauty, the trail is famous amongst youngsters. Every weekend trekkers from all over India reach Delhi to take this trek.
While on the trek, there are many small tea stalls and cafes set up along the trail where refreshments can be had. At Triund Top, hot food is served and stay arranged in comfortable tents. Spend the night under the beautiful star-studded night sky. Next morning witness the exquisite sunrise at this in midst of high Himalayan peaks and take a light stroll till the snowline. Temperature and weather at this place are perfect from March to June and August to November.
The return route from the Triund offers a variety of views and experiences. From dewy meadows to the gushing Bhagsu waterfall – no better way to end the Triund trek.
Triund Trekking Package Itinerary:
Day 1: Report at Dharamkot basecamp and trek to Triund and trek back to Dharamkot
- You will have to report in between 8 - 8:30 AM at the Base Camp in Dharamkot.
- At around 9:00 AM you may freshen-up and keep luggage for free of cost at base camp.
- Post which you will begin the 4-5 hour trek to Triund which goes via Dharamkot & Naddi.
- At around 1:00 PM you will relish the packed lunch on the way.
- Once you reach the Triund top (2875m) at 3:00 PM, you are free to explore the nearby area on your own.
- Post the exploration, you would be starting the trek back to the basecamp at Dharamkot.
- Reach the basecamp to end the trek here.
- All Meals during the trek, i.e. Day 1: Packed Lunch, Dinner; Day 2: Breakfast (For a day hike with stay)
- One meal (For a day hike)
- Packed Lunch/ Dinner: 2 Veg Dishes, Chapati and Rice
- Breakfast: Aloo Puri/ Bread and Omelette/ Paratha
- Free cloakroom facility and resting room facilities at the Base Camp at Dharamkot
- Service of expert guides
- Government & Forest Department Permits
- Bottled water
- Any additional portage / pony for personal luggage/bags
- Expense on any personal nature
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Things to Carry:
- T-shirts, comfortable trekking pants (avoid cotton), jackets - windproof with hood preferable to keep you warm from the cold wind
- Sweaters must be full sleeves and woollen plus, dry socks 3 or 4 pairs. A muffler is optional
- Trekking shoes with thick soles and most importantly, it should be comfortable
- Flip-flops must be lightweight
- A raincoats
- A weightless towel, a water bottle
- Lip balm, sunblock, mosquito repellent
- Cap is a must under the sun which also includes the sunglasses
- At night, a torch is a must
- General medicines, personal toiletries
- Book lovers can carry books
- Do not make your backpack too heavy
- Avoid bringing expensive watches or jewellery for the trek. Note that we are not responsible if it is misplaced
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Dharamkot Base Camp (Exact location shared in booking e-mail voucher)
- You will receive complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, in your Booking Confirmation Voucher instantly.
- In case you would need the Delhi to Mcleodganj Volvo bus tickets, please select the available add-ons, the buses usually leave at around 7:00 PM from Majnu Ka Tila, Delhi.
₹ 650 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.