Experience Kumbh Mela 2019 in Allahabad
The Ardh Kumbh Mela the grand outing for the pilgrims all over India is one of the most happening events this year, come explore the depths of this gathering and quench your spiritual thirst.
- A two-day experience of the Ardh Kumbh Mela.
- Witness the enchanting Ganga Aarti.
- Exploration of the Saadhu Akhaadas.
- Understand the lifestyle of the mystical Naga Sadhus.
- Service of a knowledgeable host cum guide for the tour.
India is hailed as a land where divergent views have cordially co-existed for millennia. Within Hinduism alone there are numerous sects each with their own belief systems. Kumbh has been the melting pot allowing all of them to periodically come together, exchange ideas, and inculcate a deep-rooted understanding of what it is to be alive.
The Kumbh story originates from a creation myth – which inspires reverence for the sanctity of all creation, blurring the boundaries between what is generally considered “good” and “bad”. Historically, it is the oldest recorded festival of India finding mentions in the Vedas as well as the accounts of the celebrated 7th-century traveller – Hiuen Tsang. Kumbh is also an opportunity for the householders to learn from the Sadhus and Sanyasis, and establish the right balance between engagement with the worldly affairs and the matters of the soul.
It is also a great place to understand the simple life perspectives of the average Indian residing in the villages – who may be lacking in formal education but is often miles ahead in the understanding of the fundamental tenants of contentment and simple life. Notwithstanding the above points, the Kumbh is, of course, a magnificent spectacle too! Millions of people gathered in one place, colourful holy men, naked Sadhus, wondrous feats of asceticism, theatre, performing arts, and piety on an unprecedented scale – largely in a most peaceful manner. A journey to the self Above all, using the above points as anchors, the Kumbh allows you to make a journey to the self.
Day 1: Essential Kumbh walk – Orienting ourselves
- The guest will meet their guide/host at the Kumbh Mela location at around 11 am.
- After a briefing session, the guide will take the guests to the Ulta Qila (an inverted fort) from which they will have a bird's eye of the Mela/fair.
- Post which the guests will understand the mythological and historical origins of the Kumbh Mela while they stroll in the beautiful setting.
- They will also explore the Sadhu Akhadas during the first half which will last till 2 pm.
- After a brief resting period, the second half of the tour begins at 3:30 pm.
- First up, the guests meet other pilgrims and understand the mela from their perspective, followed by an interaction with select shopkeepers – coin collectors, herb sellers.
- After which they will witness the most scenic event of the day i.e the Ganga Aarti.
- Post the Ganga Aarti the guest will be hoping one Pandal to the other, witnessing plays on social issues to relishing delicious mela food.
- Later in the session, there will be a visit to the kitchen of one of the Akhadas where the guest will take part in serving in the Bhandara (community kitchen).
- The day's tour ends at around 7 pm, where the guests will be returning to their self-booked stays.
Day 2: Spiritual dip at the Sangam, Boat Ride and Vaishnava Akhadas
- On the second day, the guests along with their guide will take a holy dip session in Triveni Sangam called the Sangam Snaan at around 6:30 am, this will mark the beginning of the first session of the tour.
- Post which they will enjoy a boat ride near Triveni Sangam.
- Next up the guests will be heading to Pontoon bridges for the Seagulls show.
- After a quick resting period at around 10:30 am the guests will be visiting the Vaishnava (Devotees of Krishna) Akhadas for an interactive session with the Vaishanava Sandhus. This will be the second session of the day.
- They will witness and understand the rituals of the Vaishanava Sadhus and this will continue till 1 pm, post which the guests will be having their lunch or rest for about 2 hours.
- At around 3 pm in the last leg of the tour, the guest will meet the mystical Naga Sadhus.
- They will spend an ample amount of time interacting with the Naga Sadhus and understand their way of life.
- The tour ends at around 7 pm, post the guest may stay or leave for their onward destination.
- Service of storytellers who are well versed with Kumbh’s heritage and can speak English and Hindi.
- Snacks during the exploration.
- Access to places mentioned in the itinerary.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 7500 Per Person