Allahabad Sightseeing Day Tour from Varanasi
A private tour of the holy city Allahabad (now Prayagraj), believed to be the 'Triveni Sangam' meaning the land where three of the holiest rivers of India meet. The city has an India history lesson to offer its visitors.
- Visit the Aurangabad fort, Khusro Bagh, Swaraj Bhavan, Triveni Sangam and many more during this tour.
- The place which has the confluence of three of the holiest rivers namely Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Allahabad, officially known as Prayagraj since October 2018 is a holy Indian city. It is the most populous district in the state of Uttar Pradesh and the 13th most district in India. This is famous for its 'Triveni Sangam' the confluence of three rivers Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati and hence one of the holiest places in India. Considered as the Judicial capital of Uttar Pradesh, Allahabad high court is the highest judicial body of the state. It was once one of the major centres of the Mughal rule.
- The driver will pick you from hotel/residence address in Varanasi city limits at a time selected while booking.
- The drive to Allahabad is about 120 kilometres from Varanasi and may take up to 3.5 hours.
- Upon arrival, you may visit the following suggested places, you may skip OR add a few of your own:
- Anand Bhavan: It is a historic house museum in Allahabad, India focusing on the Nehru Family. It was bought by Indian political leader Motilal Nehru in the 1930s to serve as the residence of the Nehru family.
- Khusro Bagh: A garden complex sprawling over 40 acres and containing three tombs of the Mughal dynasty, among which the first is Shah Begum's (Jahangir's Rajput wife), Khusrao Mirza (Jahangir's eldest son) and Nithar Begum (Jahangir's daughter).
- Triveni Sangam: The confluence of three rivers namely Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati.
- Allahabad Fort: Built in the year of 1583 by Emperor Akbar, this fort stands on the banks of the Yamuna near its confluence with the river Ganges.
- Allahabad Museum: Constructed in the year 1931, it is known for its rich collection and unique objects of art, and is funded by the Ministry of Culture.
- Swaraj Bhavan: Once owned by Motilal Nehru, this place was the birthplace of India's only female prime minister Indira Gandhi.
- All Saints Cathedral: Modeled after 13th-century Gothic style churches, it is among the Gothic Revival buildings built by the British during their rule in India.
- Ashoka Pillar: One of the 20+ pillars carved by Emperor Ashoka, this pillar is located inside the Allahabad Fort.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel/residence in Varanasi city limits.
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Varanasi city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Limit of 300 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
- Newspapers and a water bottle.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3790 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.