Buddhist Circuit Tour of Uttar Pradesh from Lucknow
Tour the major centres of Buddhist pilgrimage in Uttar Pradesh visited by travellers from all over the world.
- Visit the three hubs of Buddhist tourism, Sarnath, Shravasti and Kushinagar.
- Explore the monasteries and the iconic stupas of the above-mentioned places.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Sarnath is located very close to the holy city of Varanasi, near the confluence of Ganga and Yamuna. The deer park in Sarnath was the first place where Buddha taught Dharma, and Buddhist Sangha came into existence. Sarnath is also known as Isipatana and is one of the four places where a Buddhist pilgrim should visit once in his lifetime.
Kushinagar is the place where Gautam Buddha attained Parinirvana after his death, it is famed as one of the most important Buddhist pilgrimage centres and is visited by Buddhist tourists from Asia and all over the world.
One of the sixth largest cities during the lifetime of Gautam Buddha, Shravasti is a major tourist destination and is an ancient city as well. Located on the banks of West Rapti River this city was the home of Gautam Buddha for 24 Chaturmases (holy period of four months).
Day 1: Drive from Lucknow and Shravasti and then to Kushinagar
- The tour starts with your pick-up from the hotel/residence in Lucknow at the pick-up selected by you during the booking.
- After the pick-up, the first place of visit is Shravasti.
- Journey to Shravasti is about 160 kilometres and may take up to 4 hours.
- It's recommended to start the tour early to have plenty of time to see the places without rushing.
- Upon arrival in Shravasti, the following landmarks are recommended for today's tour:
- Jetavana Monastery: The second largest monastery donated to Gautam Buddha is the Jetavana Monastery, it is one of the most important ones as well. This is more than just a monastery, this where Buddha gave most of his teachings and discourses. One can find the Anandabodhi tree in Jetavana Monastery, this is where Buddha meditated and also Gandhakuti the hut of Gautam Buddha.
- Angulimala's Stupa: A stupa of an important figure of Buddhism, Angulimala was a ruthless brigand who completely transformed after conversion to Buddhism, he of all is seen as an example of the power of Buddha's teachings and how it can change lives.
- Anathapindika's Stupa: One of the closest disciples of Gautam Buddha, Anathapindika was the wealthiest merchant in Shravasti and was always inclined towards the aid of the poor. This stupa is where he was laid to rest.
- Break for lunch at a local restaurant before starting the onward journey to Kushinagar.
- The to Kushinagar is about 250 kilometres and may take up to 6 hours.
- You should book the overnight stay at a hotel in Kushinagar where the driver can drop at night for the stay.
Day 2: Kushinagar local sightseeing tour and drive to Sarnath
- The second day of the tour starts with your pick-up from the hotel in Kushinagar.
- The following landmarks are recommended for today's tour:
- Parinirvana Stupa: A Buddhist temple which is believed to be the death place of Gautam Buddha.
- Japanese Temple: A beautiful temple in Kushinagar with amazing architecture which houses an Ashta Dhatu (combination of 8 metals) Buddha Statue which was brought from Japan.
- Buddhist Museum: This government controlled museum in Kushinagar houses the findings from the excavations in Kushinagar.
- Linh Son Vietnam Chinese Buddhist Temple: Managed by Linh Son Buddhists from Vietnam this temple is glamorous and vibrant, it houses a monastery, Dharma Hall, Prayer Hall and a school.
- Thai Temple: Built on a 10-acre space this Buddhist temple is maintained and developed by Thais.
- After the completion of your Kushinagar tour, you will be heading to Sarnath for an overnight stay, covering about 220 kilometres over a time duration of 5-6 hours.
- You should book the overnight stay at a hotel in Sarnath where the driver can drop at night for the stay.
Day 3: Sarnath local sightseeing tour and return journey to Lucknow
- On day 3, the last day of your tour will again begin with a pick-up from your hotel in Sarnath.
- The following landmarks are recommended for today's tour:
- Dhamek Stupa: It is a massive stupa located at Sarnath, 13 km away from Varanasi. Dhamek Stupa is where the Buddha gave the first sermon to his first five brahmin disciples after attaining enlightenment.
- Chaukhandi Stupa: It was built between the 4th and 6th centuries to mark the site where Lord Buddha and his first disciples met travelling from Bodh Gaya to Sarnath.
- Sarnath Museum: It houses several artefacts dating back from 3rd-century BCE from the excavation in Sarnath.
- Golden Temple: Serene Buddhist temple complex featuring a whimsically painted shrine interior & art.
- After the completion of your Sarnath tour, you will be going back to Lucknow and be dropped back at your hotel/residence in Lucknow city limits.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits)
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab
- The driver and fuel charges
- Accommodation and meals for the driver
- Usage of the vehicle for 1000 kilometres
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in \'Special Request\' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
74 travellers found this helpful
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
83 travellers found this helpful
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
5 travellers found this helpful
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
4 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 13190 Per Vehicle