Deogarh Sightseeing Day Tour from Varanasi
Come take a tour of the place which is a lesser-known gem in the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, explore the Gupta period monuments of Deogarh.
- Visit the places like the first recorded Panchyatana temple in North India, the Dashavatara Temple.
- Take a tour of a Jain complex which houses about 2000 sculptures, largest in the world.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Located in the Lalitpur district of Uttar Pradesh, Deogarh is famous for its Gupta period monuments and also other ancient monuments which are in or outside the fort of Deogarh. The Dashvatara is a temple in Deogarh was constructed in the 6th-Century CE. All the ancient monuments in Deogarh are protected by the Department of Archaeology of the Archaeological Survey of India. Deogarh which literally means 'Fort of the Gods' has a pleasant climate.
- The driver will pick you from hotel/residence address in Varanasi city limits at a time selected while booking.
- Post-pick-up you will be driven to Deogarh which is approximately 80 KM and will be a journey of 2 and a half hours.
- Upon arrival, you may visit the following suggested places, you may skip OR add a few of your own
- Jai Temple Complex: The fort temples are well dominated by the Jain temple on the eastern parts of the hill fort, the Jaina images are of an "iconographic and the stylistic variety". The pillars here are carved with thousands of Jain figures. The collection of the sculptors in the group of the temples is considered to be the largest in the world.
- Dashavatra Temple: One of the oldest Hindu temples existent till the modern era, built in the 400-500 AD this is also called the "Gupta Temple", the main Shrine is surrounded by 4 other subsidiary shrines hence a Panchyatana Temple and importantly it is the first one in north India.
- Deogarh Fort: The Deogarh fort is located few hundred yards from the village of Deogarh. The fort has an external wall for the most part, except in stretches where the steep hill slopes towards the Betwa river. It is also subdivided by many internal walls.
- After the completion of the tour, you will be driven back to Varanasi and be dropped back at your hotel/residence.
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Varanasi city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Limit of 250 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
- Newspaper and water bottle.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3490 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.