Deogarh Sightseeing Day Tour from Varanasi
Come take a tour of the place which is a lesser-known gem in the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, explore the Gupta period monuments of Deogarh.
- Visit the places like the first recorded Panchyatana temple in North India, the Dashavatara Temple.
- Take a tour of a Jain complex which houses about 2000 sculptures, largest in the world.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Located in the Lalitpur district of Uttar Pradesh, Deogarh is famous for its Gupta period monuments and also other ancient monuments which are in or outside the fort of Deogarh. The Dashvatara is a temple in Deogarh was constructed in the 6th-Century CE. All the ancient monuments in Deogarh are protected by the Department of Archaeology of the Archaeological Survey of India. Deogarh which literally means 'Fort of the Gods' has a pleasant climate.
- The driver will pick you from hotel/residence address in Varanasi city limits at a time selected while booking.
- Post-pick-up you will be driven to Deogarh which is approximately 80 KM and will be a journey of 2 and a half hours.
- Upon arrival, you may visit the following suggested places, you may skip OR add a few of your own
- Jai Temple Complex: The fort temples are well dominated by the Jain temple on the eastern parts of the hill fort, the Jaina images are of an "iconographic and the stylistic variety". The pillars here are carved with thousands of Jain figures. The collection of the sculptors in the group of the temples is considered to be the largest in the world.
- Dashavatra Temple: One of the oldest Hindu temples existent till the modern era, built in the 400-500 AD this is also called the "Gupta Temple", the main Shrine is surrounded by 4 other subsidiary shrines hence a Panchyatana Temple and importantly it is the first one in north India.
- Deogarh Fort: The Deogarh fort is located few hundred yards from the village of Deogarh. The fort has an external wall for the most part, except in stretches where the steep hill slopes towards the Betwa river. It is also subdivided by many internal walls.
- After the completion of the tour, you will be driven back to Varanasi and be dropped back at your hotel/residence.
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Varanasi city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Limit of 250 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
- Newspaper and water bottle.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in Special Request\'s and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 2-4 hours before pick-up time.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours you need to book your hotels yourself.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4490 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.