Manali Leh Cycle Expedition
Manali to Leh Cycle expedition is one of the most challenging journeys you could take and there could be no better setting then the mighty Himalayas.
- Experience bicycle ride on the challenging Manali - Leh Highway.
- Ride across multiple, picturesque Himalayan passes.
- Explore Jispa, Sarchu and Pang villages.
Why book this?
- No Hidden Costs: All inclusive price with no hassel of paying on multiple occasions during the trip.
- Fixed Departures: All available dates on the calendar are bookable.
- Ultra Comfortable Accommodation: All accommodations during the ride in comfortable hotels and deluxe camps. All with attached washroom.
- Bike Rent: For rented bike options and bike rent is included in the price.
- All Permits and Fees: No hassle of paying permit fees, entry fees or wildlife fees during your ride. It's all included in the price.
Trip starts in Manali and ends in Leh, taking you across the 5 high Himalayan passes: Khardung La (5359 m or 17582 ft). Baralacha La (4890 m or 16040 ft), Lachulung La (5059 m or 16600 ft), Rohtang Pass (3978 m or 13050 ft) and Taglang La (5328 m or 17480 ft).
Besides high passes, the whole trip is filled with many more adventures such as Gata loops - the 22 curves or hair-pin bends or Moray plains - one of the highest & coldest deserts in the world. You cross iconic rivers such as Indus and finally reach Leh.
- Day 1: Arrival in Manali (1,950 m/6400 ft).
- Day 2: Manali Trial & Warm-up Ride (25 km).
- Day 3: Manali - Marhi (35 km | 3320 m/11023 ft).
- Day 4: Marhi - Sissu (43 km | 3120 m/12036 ft).
- Day 5: Sissu to Jispa (52 km | 3200 m/10498 ft).
- Day 6: Jispa to Zing Zing Bar (40 km | 4270 m/14009 ft).
- Day 7: Zing Zing Bar to Sarchu (54 km | 4290 m/14070 ft).
- Day 8: Sarchu to Pang (70 km | 4700 m/15419 ft).
- Day 9: Pang to Debring (45 km | 4765 m/15634 ft).
- Day 10: Debring to Rumtse (50 km | 4152 m/13622 ft).
- Day 11: Rumtse to Leh (80 km | 3500 m/11483 ft).
- Day 12: Leh - Khardung La - Leh (45 + 45 km | 5602 m/18380 ft).
- Day 13: Check Out from Leh.
- Day 1: Reach Kullu-Manali hotel/camp. Have lunch with a round of introductions for the participants. Rest and acclimatization day. Breifing by expedition leader. Free to explore Manali. Overnight at the hotel/camp.
- Day 2: After breakfast you will get your bicycle which you can inspect and ride. Expedition leader will be present to assist and guide you. We will then head out for a ride through the pine forests and along the Beas river. Post a short ride of about 20 kms we will head back to camp and rest up for the expedition beginning the next day. Reshuffle the luggage and get prepared for the actual ride starting tomorrow. Dinner and overnight stay in Manali.
- Day 3: Today would be the first climb of the trip which takes you through the panoramic view of pine and deodar trees. We start early to beat the traffic at Rohtang Pass. Marhi (3000 m above) is a small settlement located enroute to Rohtang La. Overnight in camps at the picturesque camping site in Marhi.
- Day 4: Today we have the 14 km ascent to the Rohtang pass ahead of us. The ride gives some great scenic views of the snow covered peaks and glaciers of Spiti valley. Experience the bliss of riding through walls of snow as you cross the awe inspiring scenery of the Rohtang pass. After a revitalizing halt at Rohtang, an easy descent takes us to Gramphu. From here, we follow a muddy flat road to reach Sissu in the foothills of the Pir Panjal Range.
- Day 5: Today, we start with a short climb to Gondla. From here, there is a steep descent to Tandi situated at the confluence of the Chandra and Bhaga Rivers. Continuing from Tandi, we cross Kyelong and reach Jispa where we camp on banks of the Bhaga River.
- Day 6: Today there a gradual 10 km climb to Darcha from Jispa. From Darcha road to Patseo is barren and dusty. The isolation of the place can be felt from here. Tomorrow is we start the steep ascent to Baralacha-La from Zing Zing bar.
- Day 7: Today we start early and climb the mountains to reach Baralacha La at 4890 m. Moving on we cross Deepak Tal situated at 14000 ft. with scenic Mulkila peaks in the back-ground. Look out for Marmots along the road. Further road descends steadily to the Sarchu Plains.
- Day 8: After some easy cycling in the start, we reach the ‘21 loops of Gata’; we then zig-zag our way to Nakila at 5,050 m. We'll be crossing over from Himachal Pradesh into Jammu & Kashmir. After a short descend, we cross Lachulung La Pass at 5,150 mts. - the second highest pass on the Manali Leh highway. From here we descend to Pang maneuvering our way through some of the worst road of this trips.
- Day 9: A total of 45 km riding through flat plains. This is a day of relaxation; rejuvenate while you pedal along more flat roads but under the hot sun. Enjoy the vast plains and the feeling of nothingness. Dinner and overnight stay in camp.
- Day 10: A total of 50 km; 15 km of continuous climb on an almost non existent road and the rest rolling terrain. Taglang-la (5359 m) is also the second highest motorable mountain pass in India. The climb upto this pass is demanding and can take a toll on you. Stay committed and you will make it to the top. Descend with high caution along this 25 km decent into Lato town. Riders are required to decend together and under the vigil of the lead guide and backed by the support vehicles. Dinner and overnight stay in camp.
- Day 11: On penultimate day of the expedition, scenery changes dramatically. We reach fertile valley of Ladakh, scattered with beautiful villages and stupas. Mountains in vivid colors add to the beauty of the amazing scenery. Just as we cross Indus River, the road turns into racing tarmac. We continue on the easy ride as we cross Thiksey Monastery and arrive in Leh. Congratulation!, It took four major mountain passes and over 480 kms to get here.
- Day 12: Early morning we start for Khardung La. This day would be one of the most challenging days of the trip, with over 45 km of cycling and gaining 2000 m. Reward at the end of which is reaching the highest motorable road in the world taking you to a dizzy 5359 mt. This is the mother of all climbs, claimed to be the highest motorable pass in the whole wide world. Needless to say the view from here are spectacular, giving you panoramic sight of Indus valley in the South and Zanskar range in the North.
- Day 13: Early in the morning transfer to the airport for your flight to Delhi.
- Bicycle Rent (if chosen)
- Meals during the expedition
- Entry Fee, if any
- Camping Charges,if any
- 1 Night Hotel/Guest House Stay in Manali on sharing basis
- 2 Nights Hotel/Guest House Stays in Leh on sharing basis
- Separate Camping Vehicle
- One support vehicle per 6 Participants
- Services of a certified expedition leader
- Services of support team
- Certified first aid support
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 28900 Per Person