Mandu One Day Sightseeing Tour from Ujjain
Come take a tour of the ancient fort city of the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, explore the best places of historic Mandu.
- Take a tour of the places like the Hindola Mahal, Jahaj Mahal, Ashrafi Mahal and many more during this tour.
- Visit the tomb of the legendary ruler Hoshang Shah.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Mandu or Mandavgad is a ruined city situated in the Dhar District of Western Madhya Pradesh. The city is said to have existed since the 6th Century but it became an important centre in 11th Century under Parmars and then taken over by the Delhi Sultans who renamed it as Shadiabad.
The city is celebrated for castles, palaces and architectural work of arts. Geographically, Mandu in Madhya Pradesh state is situated amidst the Vindhya Ranges, at an altitude of 2000 feet above the sea level. The city also houses Islamic architectural buildings and monuments. The folklore attached to the city is that the city is a tribute to love. It is believed that the city is associated with love Prince Baz Bahadur and Singer Roopmati. Antiquity meets Artistry at Mandu to bring us some of the remarkable monuments.
- The driver will pick you from hotel/residence address in Ujjain city limits at a time selected while booking.
- Post-pick-up you will be driven from Ujjain to Mandu, which is approximately 150 KM and your journey to Mandu will be of 3 hours.
- Upon arrival, you may visit the following suggested places or add a few of your own:
- Hindola Mahal: A large meeting hall which was built during the reign of Hoshang Shah in the ancient city of Mandu.
- Jahaj Mahal: A part of the royal palace complex, the name of this palace literally translates to ' Ship Palace'.
- Hoshang Shah's Tomb: Part of 6th-century fort complex, this tomb includes a marble dome, ornamental tiles & arches.
- Ashrafi Mahal: Palace ruins featuring the remains of a sandstone tower, mausoleum & madrasa in garden surrounds.
- Elephant Palace: Remains of an ancient palace & mausoleum with columns resembling elephant legs & a huge dome.
- There are also other attractions like the Malik Mughith's Tomb, Mahmud Khilji's Tomb, Ram Mandir, Nikanth Palace.
- After the completion of the tour, you will be driven back to Ujjain and be dropped back at your hotel/residence in Ujjain city limits.
- All transportation using Air-Conditioned Sedan or SUV
- Pickup and drop-off in Ujjain City Limits
- Driver and fuel charges
- 350 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges)
- Itinerary mentioned is a suggestion, you can add/skip places
- Newspapers and Water bottles
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in Special Request\'s and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 2-4 hours before pick-up time.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours you need to book your hotels yourself.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4350 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.