Bhopal and Sanchi Stupa 2-Day Sightseeing Tour from Indore
An important Buddhist monument and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Sanchi Stupa is one of the most important historic and tourist attraction in near Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. A 2-day private tour from Indore.
- Take a tour of the World Heritage Site of Sanchi Stupa, commissioned by Ashoka in the 2nd-Century BC.
- Explore one of the greenest cities of India, Bhopal.
- A hassle-free journey from Indore to Sanchi Stupa via Bhopal on a well-maintained car.
The 11th-century city of Bhopal offers up incredible views of parks and lakes and have long been favourite destinations for artists and musicians. People with a passion in history will love to explore this place. The markets are vibrant and offer exclusive quality shopping at Bhopal. The cuisines of Bhopal is like north India but still distinct. On the whole, each place in Bhopal gives you different food, lifestyle, and experience as a traveller.
Sanchi Stupa is a Buddhist monument, located about 50 km from Bhopal and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The stupas were built around 3rd century by king Ashoka, a renowned follower of Buddhism. Stupas are large hemispherical domes, in which Buddha's relics were kept in their central chamber. One of the best-preserved stupas in India is the Sanchi Stupa. It is surrounded by a railing with four carved gateways facing all the four directions.
Day 1: Drive from Indore to Bhopal and take a Bhopal local sightseeing tour
- The driver will pick you from your hotel/residence address in Indore city limits at a time selected while booking.
- The drive to Bhopal is about 195 KM from Indore and may take up to 4 hours to reach.
- Upon arrival in Bhopal, you may visit the following suggested places, you may skip OR add a few of your own in Bhopal:
- Taj-Ul-Masajid- literally means "Crown Among Mosques". It is the largest mosque in India
- Shaukat Mahal- is one of the architectural curiosities of Bhopal and is a mixture of Indo-Islamic and European styles of architecture.
- Lower Lake - also called Chhota Talaab
- Upper Lake - also known as Bhojtal and is the main source of drinking water for the residents.
- Madhya Pradesh Tribal Museum - One of the biggest attraction, the tribal museum is popular for its well planned and beautifully placed themed galleries with motifs and artefacts representing a tribal lifestyle. It celebrates the ways of life practised by the seven major tribes in the state – the Gond, Bhil, Korku, Baiga, Sahariya, Kol and Bhariya through their crafts, showcasing archaeological finds from different districts.
- National Museum of Mankind: Is one of its kind, an anthropology museum that showcases an integrated story of the evolution of man and culture with respect to India.
- Birla Temple - is situated at the highest point in Bhopal and is dedicated to goddess Lakshmi.
- Post your Bhopal tour, you will be dropped to your hotel in Bhopal city limits.
Day 2: Drive from Bhopal to Sanchi Stupa and return journey to Indore
- Start your tour from the hotel in Bhopal for Sanchi Stupa.
- The drive to Sanchi Stupa is about 50 kilometres from Bhopal and it may take up to 1.5 hours to reach Sanchi.
- You will have ample time to explore this ancient stupa and explore the place at a leisurely pace.
- After you are done with your tour of this enchanting place, you will be driven back to Indore and be dropped at your hotel/residence within city limits.
- All transportation using an air-conditioned cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Indore city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Driver daily allowance.
- 520 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may add or remove some attractions in the region).
- Newspaper and 1 water bottle per member.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6890 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.