Bhopal and Sanchi Stupa 2-Day Sightseeing Tour from Indore
An important Buddhist monument and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Sanchi Stupa is one of the most important historic and tourist attraction in near Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. A 2-day private tour from Indore.
- Take a tour of the World Heritage Site of Sanchi Stupa, commissioned by Ashoka in the 2nd-Century BC.
- Explore one of the greenest cities of India, Bhopal.
- A hassle-free journey from Indore to Sanchi Stupa via Bhopal on a well-maintained car.
The 11th-century city of Bhopal offers up incredible views of parks and lakes and have long been favourite destinations for artists and musicians. People with a passion in history will love to explore this place. The markets are vibrant and offer exclusive quality shopping at Bhopal. The cuisines of Bhopal is like north India but still distinct. On the whole, each place in Bhopal gives you different food, lifestyle, and experience as a traveller.
Sanchi Stupa is a Buddhist monument, located about 50 km from Bhopal and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The stupas were built around 3rd century by king Ashoka, a renowned follower of Buddhism. Stupas are large hemispherical domes, in which Buddha's relics were kept in their central chamber. One of the best-preserved stupas in India is the Sanchi Stupa. It is surrounded by a railing with four carved gateways facing all the four directions.
Day 1: Drive from Indore to Bhopal and take a Bhopal local sightseeing tour
- The driver will pick you from your hotel/residence address in Indore city limits at a time selected while booking.
- The drive to Bhopal is about 195 KM from Indore and may take up to 4 hours to reach.
- Upon arrival in Bhopal, you may visit the following suggested places, you may skip OR add a few of your own in Bhopal:
- Taj-Ul-Masajid- literally means "Crown Among Mosques". It is the largest mosque in India
- Shaukat Mahal- is one of the architectural curiosities of Bhopal and is a mixture of Indo-Islamic and European styles of architecture.
- Lower Lake - also called Chhota Talaab
- Upper Lake - also known as Bhojtal and is the main source of drinking water for the residents.
- Madhya Pradesh Tribal Museum - One of the biggest attraction, the tribal museum is popular for its well planned and beautifully placed themed galleries with motifs and artefacts representing a tribal lifestyle. It celebrates the ways of life practised by the seven major tribes in the state – the Gond, Bhil, Korku, Baiga, Sahariya, Kol and Bhariya through their crafts, showcasing archaeological finds from different districts.
- National Museum of Mankind: Is one of its kind, an anthropology museum that showcases an integrated story of the evolution of man and culture with respect to India.
- Birla Temple - is situated at the highest point in Bhopal and is dedicated to goddess Lakshmi.
- Post your Bhopal tour, you will be dropped to your hotel in Bhopal city limits.
Day 2: Drive from Bhopal to Sanchi Stupa and return journey to Indore
- Start your tour from the hotel in Bhopal for Sanchi Stupa.
- The drive to Sanchi Stupa is about 50 kilometres from Bhopal and it may take up to 1.5 hours to reach Sanchi.
- You will have ample time to explore this ancient stupa and explore the place at a leisurely pace.
- After you are done with your tour of this enchanting place, you will be driven back to Indore and be dropped at your hotel/residence within city limits.
- All transportation using an air-conditioned cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Indore city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Driver daily allowance.
- 520 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may add or remove some attractions in the region).
- Newspaper and 1 water bottle per member.
- Monument entrance fees.
- Any toll and parking charges (To be paid as per actual).
- Personal expenses.
- Any accommodation and meals for the guests.
- Night charges if the vehicle is used between 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions above.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- This is not a guided tour.
- The guests may choose to skip or add any new attraction in the destination of the tour.
- The booking price is applicable if the pick-up and drop-off is the same location.
- Pick up and drop off location can be different but an extra charge will apply. To be paid to the driver directly.
- Sedans (4-seater) models provided are Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios or similar.
- SUV (6-seater) models provided are Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga or similar.
- Night charge of Rs. 250 is applicable if the cab service is used between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- The tour has a limit of 520 kilometres.
- After 520 kilometres, additional per kilometre charge will be applicable (to be paid directly to the driver).
- For Sedan (4-seater) - Rs. 11 per km (additional kilometre).
- For SUV (6-seater) - Rs. 13 per km (additional kilometre).
- For Innova (6-seater) - Rs. 15 per km (additional kilometre).
- The driver will know the local language, English speaking driver can be requested by you during the booking in "Special Request" section, the team will try their best to fulfil the request but the same cannot be promised for sure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in Special Request\'s and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 2-4 hours before pick-up time.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours you need to book your hotels yourself.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Pick-up from hotel or specified pick-up point in city limits. Please enter the full pick up address when booking.
- The contact person details and phone number are shared in booking voucher sent to you via email after booking.
- The driver and cab details are share 2 to 4 hours prior to the tour starting time.
₹ 7525 Per Vehicle
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.