Ujjain Day Tour from Indore
Explore the temple city of Ujjain, a city which boasts a wealth of cultural heritage.
- Visit one of the twelve Jyotirlingas.
- Visit the Greenwich of India - the first meridian of longitude – the Tropic of Cancer passes through it – through the Jantar Mantar.
- A hassle-free journey from Indore to Ujjain with a well-experienced chauffeur.
Situated on the banks of the Shipra River, the city dates back to 600 BC and was once the residence of Ashoka. It was also the political and commercial hub of central India and the capital of the ancient Avanti Kingdom. Ujjain’s spiritual charm is undeniable. The famous poet, Kalidas, described it as ‘The town fallen from Heaven to bring Heaven to Earth’. The many temples give you glimpses of a glorious past. This is one city that will take you back to your childhood history books.
- Your tour starts with a morning pick-up from your hotel/residence in Indore city limits.
- After pick-up, you will proceed from Ujjain, which is a 1.5-hour drive from Indore.
- Upon arrival, you will be visiting the following places:
- Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga: One of the 12 Jyotirlingas in India, the lingam at the Mahakala is believed to be swayambhu (born of itself) deriving currents of power (shakti) from within itself as against the other images and lingams which are ritually established and invested with mantra-shakti.
- Shree Chintaman Ganesh Mandir: Chintaman Ganesh is the biggest temple of Lord Ganesha in Ujjain.
- Raja Bhartari Caves: According to popular tradition this is the sanctuary hallowed by the yogic practices of the King Bharthari.
- Shree Bada Ganesh Mandir: This temple enshrines a huge artistic sculpture of Ganesh, the son of Shiva.
- Ved Shala: Also known as Jantar Mantar, India's first observatory was built in 1725 and consists of 13 architectural astronomy instruments.
- Kaliadeh Palace: Once recorded as the beautiful temple of Sun on banks of River Shipra, the Palace is one of the most famous historical landmarks of Ujjain. The central dome of the palace is a beautiful example of Persian architecture, and the Persian inscriptions here record the visits of Emperor Akbar and Jehangir to this palace
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel/residence in Indore.
- Pick-up and drop-off from Indore city hotel/residence
- All sightseeing using private air-conditioned Sedan Car or SUV
- The driver and fuel charges
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3390 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.