Sanchi Stupa and Udayagiri Caves Day Tour from Bhopal
Take a day tour of the ancient caves of Udayagiri and explore the iconic UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Sanchi Stupa.
- Visit the 5th-century rock-cut caves of Udayagiri, containing some of the oldest Hindu temples.
- Explore the amazing Sanchi Stupa, one of the greatest landmarks of the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Sanchi Stupa is a Buddhist monument, located about 50 km from Bhopal and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The stupas were built around 3rd century by king Ashoka, a renowned follower of Buddhism. Stupas are large hemispherical domes, in which Buddha's relics were kept in their central chamber. One of the best-preserved stupas in India is the Sanchi Stupa. It is surrounded by a railing with four carved gateways facing all the four directions.
Udayagiri caves are 5th-century rock-cut caves, this is the only site that can be verifiably associated with a Gupta Period monarch from its inscriptions. These caves house iconography of Vaishnavism (Vishnu), Shaktism (Durga) and Shaivism (Shiva). These monuments are protected by the Archeological Survey of India.
- The tour begins with the pick up from the guest's hotel/residence in Bhopal city limits.
- The drive to Sanchi Stupa is about 50 kilometres from Bhopal and it may take up to 1.5 hours to reach Sanchi.
- The guests will have ample time to explore this ancient stupa and explore the place at a leisurely pace.
- Post the completion of your Sanchi Stupa tour, the guests can stop for lunch before heading to Udayagiri Caves.
- Sachi to Udayagiri Caves is just about 10 km and will be a 20-minute drive.
- Udayagiri Caves are rock-cut caves and are dated back to the 5th-century. The caves contain some of the oldest surviving Hindu temples and iconography in India.
- Witness several inscriptions which relate the caves to the Gupta period and also several sculptors of Hindu gods.
- At the end of the tour, the guests will be dropped back to hotel/residence in Bhopal city limits.
- Hotel pickup and drop within Bhopal city limits
- Charges for the private air-conditioned (A.C.) cab
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Usage for 250 kilometres.
- Airport pick-up or drop.
- Parking and toll charges.
- Monument entrance charges for the guests.
- Meals for the guests.
- Anything else not specified in the inclusions above.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- This is not a guided tour.
- This is a fixed itinerary tour and the itinerary cannot be modified.
- Sedans (4-seater) models provided are Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios or similar.
- SUV (6-seater) models provided are Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga or similar.
- Night charge of Rs. 250 is applicable if the cab service is used between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- The tour has a limit of 250 kilometres.
- After 250 kilometres, additional per km charges are applicable (to be paid directly to the driver).
- For Sedan (4-seater) Rs. 10 per km (additional kilometre charge).
- For SUV (6-seater) Rs. 13 per km (additional kilometre charge).
- Any applicable additional charge to be directly payable to the driver in cash.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Hotel/residence pick-up and drop within Bhopal city limits.
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick up point. Please enter the full pick up address at the checkout page.
- The driver and cab details will be shared with you 2 to 4 hours prior to the tour start time.
₹ 3950 Per Vehicle
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.