Rajkot and Junagadh 2 Day Sightseeing Tour from Ahmedabad
A 2-day sightseeing tour to the city which was once the home to young Mahatma Gandhi, Rajkot and also visits the Buddhist caves which are standing strong since 1st-century AD in Junagadh.
- Visit places like the Watson Museum, Kaba Gandhi Ne Delo, Rotary Dolls Museum and more in Rajkot.
- Take a tour of the Junagadh's ancient Buddist caves and its fort.
- Service of a well-maintained car and an experienced driver.
- Hassle-free overall experience.
The city of Rajkot is located in the Saurashtra region in the state of Gujarat. Rajkot is the fourth largest city in the state and is located on the banks of Aji and Nyari River. The city of Rajkot is named in the honour of its co-founder, Raju Sandhi. The city ranks as the 22nd fastest growing city in the country. Rajkot was the capital of the royal state of Saurashtra in earlier times.
Junagadh or Junagarh city situated on the foothills of Girnar hills in Gujarat used to be a Princely State before India’s independence. The name of the city translates to "Old Fort" while it was also known as "Sorath" earlier. Junagadh, although not frequented by tourists has an incredible 2300 years of history attached to it.
Day 1: Drive from Ahmedabad to Rajkot and local sightseeing tour
- The driver will pick you from your hotel/residence address in Ahmedabad city limits at a time selected while booking.
- The drive to Rajkot is about 215 KM from Ahmedabad and may take up to 4.5 hours to reach.
- Upon arrival, you may visit the following suggested places (You may add OR remove some attractions in the destination):
- Watson Museum: This museum houses antiques from the princely state of Rajkot, founded by Jadeja Rajputs. This is considered as one of the best museums in Saurashtra.
- Kaba Gandhi ne Delo: Now turned to a museum this was the home to a young Mahatma Gandhi during the 1880s.
- Rotary Dolls Museum: This museum houses several dolls from around the globe.
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir: Dedicated to Swaminarayan this temple has beautiful architecture and grand looks.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped to your hotel, pre-booked by you in Rajkot.
Day 2: Drive from Rajkot to Junagadh and return journey to Ahmedabad
- On the second day, your tour will begin with a pick up from your hotel in Rajkot.
- The drive to Junagadh is about 105 KM from Rajkot and may take up to 2 hours to reach.
- Upon arrival, you will be visiting the following places in Junagadh:
- Khapara Kodia Caves: These caves are the plainest of the cave group of Junagadh and date back to Ashoka's reign during 3rd-4th century BC.
- Baba Pyare Caves: Constructed during the Satavahana reign in the 1st-2nd century AD these caves are a little bit more intact than the Khapara Kodia Caves.
- Uperkot Caves: Carved during the 2nd-3rd century AD, these caves have an influence of Satvahana architecture with a combination of Graeco- Scythian style.
- Uperkot Fort: The Uparkot fort, an ancient marvel built in 319 BC by the Mauryan emperor Chandragupta is surely un-miss-able while visiting Junagadh. A striking feature about the fort is the spiral staircases running along the good shaft that is without a doubt alluring to look at.
- Start your return journey from Junagarh after lunch to reach Ahmedabad in time.
- The drive from Ahmedabad is about 320 KM from Junagarh and may take up to 7 hours.
- The driver will drop you back to the hotel/residence in Ahmedabad city limits.
- All transportation using an air-conditioned cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Ahmedabad city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Driver daily allowance.
- 700 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may add or remove some attractions in the region).
- Newspaper and 1 water bottle per member.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in Special Request\'s and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 2-4 hours before pick-up time.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours you need to book your hotels yourself.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 9990 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.