Sarnath One Day Tour from Varanasi
Sarnath is considered one of the four must-visit places for the followers of Buddha. Take this 8-hour private cab tour for a hassle-free experience.
- A hassle-free tour of Sarnath which will take you around all the important places to visit there.
- Take a tour of the places like the Dhamek Stupa, Chaukandi Stupa, Deer Park and many more.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Sarnath is about thirteen kilometres from Varanasi. Here, Buddha preached his first sermon after gaining enlightenment. There are a deer park and a stupa in the grounds. There are also temples from the Thai, Tibetan, Japanese, Sri Lankan and Burmese traditions here, as this is a holy site for many Buddhists. The history of the city dates back to 528 B.C. The city was earlier known as Isipathana. Sarnath is an important spot for Buddhist devotees because this is where Buddha preached his first Sermon. Sarnath is one of the most important holiest places in the Buddhist world. The city is named after Saranganatha, who is regarded as the God of Deer. As per the parables, this was the place where Gautama Buddha communicated his teaching on Dharma to his followers for the first time and thus marked the start of the Buddhist Sangha.
- You will be picked up from your hotel/residence in Varanasi city limits.
- Post the pick-up you will be driven to Sarnath, which comes well within the city of Varanasi.
- Upon arrival, you may visit the following suggested places or add a few of your own:
- Dhamek Stupa: It is a massive stupa located at Sarnath, 13 km away from Varanasi. Dhamek Stupa is where the Buddha gave the first sermon to his first five brahmin disciples after attaining enlightenment.
- Chaukhandi Stupa: It was built between the 4th and 6th centuries to mark the site where Lord Buddha and his first disciples met travelling from Bodh Gaya to Sarnath.
- Sarnath Museum: It houses several artefacts dating back from 3rd-century BCE from the excavation in Sarnath.
- Golden Temple: Serene Buddhist temple complex featuring a whimsically painted shrine interior & art.
- Deer Park: The place where Buddha first taught Dharma.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be driven back to Varanasi and be dropped at your hotel/residence, 8 hours from your starting time.
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Varanasi city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- 8 hours and 80 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
- Newspapers and a water bottle.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in Special Request\'s and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 2-4 hours before pick-up time.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours you need to book your hotels yourself.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2290 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.