Orchha 2 Day Sightseeing Tour from Bhopal
A 2-Day tour of the historic town of Orchha, explore the mesmerizing architectural beauties of this majestic town.
- Visit the Orchha Fort complex which houses the Jehangir Mahal, Raj Mahal and Rai Parveen Mahal.
- Explore the Ram Raja Temple and the numerous Centographs of Orchha.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Orchha (or Orchcha/Urchha), frozen in time and a tranquil hamlet now, used to be the capital of the Bundelkhand Empire once. Have you heard about ‘shifts in time’? These are moments when people experience a moment of déjà vu of having gone back in time by several centuries. This is one place where you might certainly feel so. Orchha takes you back in time. Founded in 16th century by the Bundela chief, Rudra Pratap, this town located by the Betwa River is a dreamland for History enthusiasts. There’s the Chturbhuj Temple built on an enormous platform of stone. There’s a flight of hidden staircase to the rooftop. You cannot miss the view from there.
Day 1: Bhopal - Orchha - Local Sightseeing
- Your tour begins with an early morning pick up from your hotel/residence in Bhopal city limits.
- Post pick-up you will be driven to Orchha which is about 330 kilometres from Bhopal and will take you about 6 hours to reach.
- After your arrival in Orchha you may check-in to your hotel, there is a wide range of stays available in Orchha.
- You may relax for a while, post which our driver will pick you up for a sightseeing tour. You may choose to visit the following suggested places:
- The Fort Complex: This fort is divided into three parts, namely the Raj Mahal, Jehangir Mahal and the Rai Parveen Mahal.
- Sunder Mahal: This small palace, almost in ruins today is still a place of pilgrimage for Muslims. Dhurjban, son of Jhujhar, embraced Islam when he wed a Muslim girl at Delhi. He spent the latter part of his life in prayer and meditation and came to be revered as a saint.
- After this short day's tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel in Orchha city limits.
Day 2: Local Sightseeing - Bhopal
- The second day's tour begins with a pick-up from your hotel.
- You may again choose to visit the following suggested places:
- Phool Bagh: Laid out as a formal garden, this complex testifies to the refined aesthetic qualities of the Bundelas. A central row of fountains culminates in an eight pillared palace-pavilion. A subterranean structure below was the cool summer retreat of the Orchha kings.
- Chaturbhuj Temple: Built upon a massive stone platform and reached by a steep flight of steps, the temple was specially constructed to enshrine the image of Rama that remained in the Ram Raja Temple.
- Ram Raja temple (closed during the afternoon): This is the centre around which the life of Orchha revolves. The presiding Deity here is Lord Ram. The idols were meant to be installed in the magnificent Chaturbhuj temple, but when the idols, once kept on the ground(where they are today), refused to move.
- Laxminarayan Temple: A flagstone path links this temple with the Ram Raja Temple. The style is an interesting synthesis of fort and temple moulds. The interiors contain the most exquisite of Orchha's wall paintings.
- Cenotaphs: There are 14 Chhatris or Memorials to the rulers of Orchha, grouped along the Kanchan Ghat of the river Betwa on the south end of town. You can climb up to the roof for views of the river.
- Post completion of your Orchha tour you will be driven back to Bhopal and be dropped at your hotel/residence in the city limits.
- Hotel pickup and drop within Bhopal city limits
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab
- The driver and fuel charges
- Usage for 680 kilometres
- All highway toll charges
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 9190 Per Vehicle