Day Sightseeing Tour of Gwalior
Take a day sightseeing tour of Gwalior, celebrated its history, forts and palaces. Cover the most popular landmarks of Gwalior on this 8-hour tour.
- Witness the architectural beauty of Gwalior Fort built by Babur.
- Explore the city by visiting famous attractions with a personal driver.
- Visit the cultural and historically important places of Gwalior.
Known for its royal heritage Gwalior has historical importance and is a major city of Madhya Pradesh. This city’s past continues to ignite its present and undoubtedly will illuminate its future. Gwalior is best known for its imposing hilltop fort, which was famously described as ‘the pearl amongst fortresses in India’. Historically, the city has been the cradle of a number of dynasties that ruled it over the years. Their influence is clearly seen in the many regal structures that dominate the cityscape. In a sense, Gwalior continues to retain a medieval majesty. Gwalior, a city of unmatched royalty, a regal emporium of tourism where one can find the finest of castles, the most stunning palaces and legacy that still appears to be immortal.
- The driver will pick you from hotel/residence address in Gwalior city limits and at a time selected while booking.
- Upon arrival, you may visit the following suggested places, you may skip OR add a few of your own:
- Gwalior fort which is referred to as 'the pearl amongst fortresses in India' built by Mughal emperor Babur forms one of the major attraction.
- Gujari Mahal which is a state archaeological museum which showcases various sculptures, statues and other remains dating back to 1st and 2nd century BC.
- Saas Bahu temple, the name Saas Bahu Temple does not mean Saas( mother-in-law) and bahu(daughter-in-law) but is rather a short form of Shastra Bahu, another name of Lord Vishnu.
- Jai Vilas Palace is a symbol of age-old Indian culture and opulence, preserved in the backdrop of modern-day India.
- Man Mandir Palace which was built by Man Singh Tomar, and nearby there is Jauhar Kund where Rajput widows committed mass suicide.
- Tomb of Tansen, which is dedicated to one of the greatest musicians of India - Tansen.
- Gwalior zoo, where children can find interesting and rare species of animals.
- Tomb of Ghaus Mohammed is a tomb of a 16th-century prince-turned-Sufi is now situated in the town of Hazira.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel/residence in Varanasi city limits.
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Varanasi city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- 8-hour and 80 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
- Newspapers and a water bottle.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2290 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.