Day Sightseeing Tour of Gwalior
Take a day sightseeing tour of Gwalior, celebrated its history, forts and palaces. Cover the most popular landmarks of Gwalior on this 8-hour tour.
- Witness the architectural beauty of Gwalior Fort built by Babur.
- Explore the city by visiting famous attractions with a personal driver.
- Visit the cultural and historically important places of Gwalior.
Known for its royal heritage Gwalior has historical importance and is a major city of Madhya Pradesh. This city’s past continues to ignite its present and undoubtedly will illuminate its future. Gwalior is best known for its imposing hilltop fort, which was famously described as ‘the pearl amongst fortresses in India’. Historically, the city has been the cradle of a number of dynasties that ruled it over the years. Their influence is clearly seen in the many regal structures that dominate the cityscape. In a sense, Gwalior continues to retain a medieval majesty. Gwalior, a city of unmatched royalty, a regal emporium of tourism where one can find the finest of castles, the most stunning palaces and legacy that still appears to be immortal.
- The driver will pick you from hotel/residence address in Gwalior city limits and at a time selected while booking.
- Upon arrival, you may visit the following suggested places, you may skip OR add a few of your own:
- Gwalior fort which is referred to as 'the pearl amongst fortresses in India' built by Mughal emperor Babur forms one of the major attraction.
- Gujari Mahal which is a state archaeological museum which showcases various sculptures, statues and other remains dating back to 1st and 2nd century BC.
- Saas Bahu temple, the name Saas Bahu Temple does not mean Saas( mother-in-law) and bahu(daughter-in-law) but is rather a short form of Shastra Bahu, another name of Lord Vishnu.
- Jai Vilas Palace is a symbol of age-old Indian culture and opulence, preserved in the backdrop of modern-day India.
- Man Mandir Palace which was built by Man Singh Tomar, and nearby there is Jauhar Kund where Rajput widows committed mass suicide.
- Tomb of Tansen, which is dedicated to one of the greatest musicians of India - Tansen.
- Gwalior zoo, where children can find interesting and rare species of animals.
- Tomb of Ghaus Mohammed is a tomb of a 16th-century prince-turned-Sufi is now situated in the town of Hazira.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel/residence in Varanasi city limits.
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Varanasi city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- 8-hour and 80 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
- Newspapers and a water bottle.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in Special Request\'s and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 2-4 hours before pick-up time.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours you need to book your hotels yourself.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2290 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.