Patna Local Sightseeing Day Tour
Patna, the city that which is standing strong since the ancient times Patliputra, dating back to 493 B.C., visit the key landmarks of the capital city of Bihar on this 10-hour tour.
- Visit the places like the Gandhi Sanghralaya, Patna Museum, Gol Ghar, Buddha Smriti Park and many more during this tour.
- Hassle-free 10 hours tour of the city taking you around the important attractions as per your convenience.
- Service of a well-maintained car and an experienced driver.
The city of Patna used to be known as Pataliputra in ancient times, has a long lost history attached to it. Patna is situated on the southern end of the river Ganga. The city is blessed with rich fertile soils due to the presence of Ghaghara, Gandak, Punpun and Sone.
The city has long historical ties dating back to the 493 B.C. The name of the city was given by the great Magadha king Ajathashatru, who fortified the then called Pataligrama. Udayi, the son of great ruler Ajathashatru succeeded the dynasty and transformed the village into a town, known as Pataliputra. A number of rulers seated and ruled on the throne of Pataliputra, some of them were the Haryanka, Nanda, Gupta, Mauryan, Pala, Sunga and Suri’s. Many foreign wonders like Fa-Hien and Megantheses had visited Paltiputra.
- The driver will pick you from hotel/residence address in Patna city limits at a time selected while booking.
- During the course of the tour, you may visit the following suggested places OR add a few of your own:
- Gandhi Sanghralaya: The museum highlights the role of the father of the nation ie Indian independence. Set up in a serene atmosphere, it provides a glimpse of the lifetime of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Gol Ghar: Golghar or Gol Ghar is a granary located to the west of Gandhi Maidan. Captain John Garstin built the architectural marvel; in 1786. The purpose of building this granary was to store goods during the times of floods and famines.
- Patna Museum: The Patna Museum houses an impressive collection of Mauryan and Gupta stone sculptures. The museum contains an unusual collection of historical artefacts like weapons, Rajasthan miniatures etc.
- Folk Art Museum: Folk Art Museum located at Bharatiya Nritya Kala Mandir in 1963.The Folk art museum houses folk musical instruments, costumes and jewellery. The museum houses ceramic samples dating back to the 500 BC.
- ISKCON Temple: Dedicated to Lord Krishna, ISKCON temple houses idols measuring nearly 3-feet, which have been placed on 24-carat gold plated thrones.
- Buddha Smriti Park: Buddha Smriti Park is dedicated to Lord Buddha and was inaugurated by Dalai Lama in the year 2010. At the park Dalai Lama planted two scared bodhi trees one of which was bought from Anuradhapura in Sri Lanka and the other one from the holy land of Bodh Gaya.
- Sanjay Gandhi Biological Park: One of the largest in India, the park is a habitat for more than 800 animals of about 110 species.
- Patan Devi Temple: A major pilgrimage centre, houses a huge number of tourist every year on Vijaya Dashami every year.
- Agam Kaun: The word Agam Kuan means "unfathomable well", is said to date back to the period of Maurya emperor, Asoka. He used the well to torturing people. The folklore states that this was well where Asoka threw 99 of his elder brothers after murdering them to obtain the throne of the Mauryan Empire.
- Phulwari Sharif: The Phulwari Sharif has strings attached to the Sufi culture. The Phulwari Sharif is a hub of religious, cultural and social activities for Sufis. Pir Mujib discovered the tourist destination in the 18th century.
- Begu Hajjam Mosque: Begu Hajjam Mosque is on the eastern end of Khajekalan Ghat. It was constructed under the Husain dynasty, under the orders of Alauddin Hussain Shah in 1489.
- At the completion of your tour, the driver will drop you back to your hotel/residence in Patna city limits.
- All transportation in air-conditioned vehicle.
- Pickup and drop-off in Patna city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Driver daily allowance.
- Usage limit of 10 hours and 100 kilometres (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the suggested itinerary (you may add or remove some attractions).
- Newspaper and water bottle.
- Monument entrance fees
- Any toll and parking charges (to be paid on actual).
- Personal expenses.
- Any meals for the guests.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions above.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- This is not a guided tour.
- The guests may choose to skip or add any new attraction in the destination of the tour.
- The booking price is applicable if the pick-up and drop-off is the same location.
- Pick up and drop off location can be different but an extra charge will apply. To be paid to the driver directly.
- Sedans (4-seater) models provided are Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios or similar.
- SUV (6-seater) models provided are Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga or similar.
- Night charge of Rs. 250 is applicable if the cab service is used between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- The tour has a limit of 10 hours and 100 kilometres.
- After 10 hour and 100 kilometres, additional per kilometre charge will be applicable (to be paid directly to the driver).
- For Sedan (4-seater) - Rs. 11 per km and Rs. 150 per hour (additional kilometre & hourly charge).
- For SUV (6-seater) - Rs. 15 per km and Rs. 200 per hour (additional kilometre and hourly charge).
- The driver will know the local language, English speaking driver can be requested by you during the booking in "Special Request" section, the team will try their best to fulfil the request but the same cannot be promised for sure.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick-up point in city limits. Please enter the full pick up address at the checkout page.
- The contact person details and phone number are shared in booking voucher sent to you via email after booking.
- The driver and cab details are share 2 to 4 hours prior to the tour starting time.
₹ 2750 Per Vehicle
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.