Tiruvannamalai One-Day Tour from Chennai
One-day sightseeing tour of Tiruvannamalai from Chennai in a private cab and cover some of the popular landmarks and attractions like Annamalaiyar temple, Skandashram, Virupaksha caves and more.
- A private, hassle-free trip to Tiruvannamalai with an expert driver.
- Visit the temples dedicated to Shiva and Ashrams dedicated to sages.
Tiruvannamalai is one of the most spiritual places in Tamil Nadu. In ancient times, the term “Annamalai” meant an inaccessible mountain. The word “Thiru” was prefixed to signify its greatness, and coupled with the two terms, it is called Tiruvannamalai. The temple town of Tiruvannamalai is one of the most ancient heritage sites of India and is a centre of the Saiva religion. Kartikai Deepam festival here is of great significance
- The tour starts with the pick up of the guests from the hotel/residence in Chennai at the selected time while booking.
- Drive to Tiruvannamalai which is 190 km and it would take 4 hours to reach.
- Upon arrival, you may visit the following suggested places or add a few of your own:
- Annamalaiyar Temple, one of the famous temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. This temple has many tall gopurams, one of the gopura is built by a king of Vijayanagar, Krishna Devaraya, which is one of the highest gopurams of South India.
- Sri Ramana Maharshi Ashram, this was built by the sage, Ramana Maharshi, who was a divine preacher. The key highlights are the Maharshi’s Samadhi and the sacred Mathrubhuteswara Temple.
- Skandashram and Virupaksha Caves is a sacred place where sage Virupaksha used to pray in this cave.
- Seshadri Swamigal Ashram a spiritual centre which is dedicated to saint Seshadri Swamigal. This has meditation platforms for devotees.
- Adi Annamalai Temple, there are wonderful carvings on the pillars of the temple.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel/residence in Chennai city limits.
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Chennai city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Limit of 450 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
- Newspaper and water bottle.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5520 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.