Tiruvannamalai One-Day Tour from Chennai
One-day sightseeing tour of Tiruvannamalai from Chennai in a private cab and cover some of the popular landmarks and attractions like Annamalaiyar temple, Skandashram, Virupaksha caves and more.
- A private, hassle-free trip to Tiruvannamalai with an expert driver.
- Visit the temples dedicated to Shiva and Ashrams dedicated to sages.
Tiruvannamalai is one of the most spiritual places in Tamil Nadu. In ancient times, the term “Annamalai” meant an inaccessible mountain. The word “Thiru” was prefixed to signify its greatness, and coupled with the two terms, it is called Tiruvannamalai. The temple town of Tiruvannamalai is one of the most ancient heritage sites of India and is a centre of the Saiva religion. Kartikai Deepam festival here is of great significance
- The tour starts with the pick up of the guests from the hotel/residence in Chennai at the selected time while booking.
- Drive to Tiruvannamalai which is 190 km and it would take 4 hours to reach.
- Upon arrival, you may visit the following suggested places or add a few of your own:
- Annamalaiyar Temple, one of the famous temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. This temple has many tall gopurams, one of the gopura is built by a king of Vijayanagar, Krishna Devaraya, which is one of the highest gopurams of South India.
- Sri Ramana Maharshi Ashram, this was built by the sage, Ramana Maharshi, who was a divine preacher. The key highlights are the Maharshi’s Samadhi and the sacred Mathrubhuteswara Temple.
- Skandashram and Virupaksha Caves is a sacred place where sage Virupaksha used to pray in this cave.
- Seshadri Swamigal Ashram a spiritual centre which is dedicated to saint Seshadri Swamigal. This has meditation platforms for devotees.
- Adi Annamalai Temple, there are wonderful carvings on the pillars of the temple.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel/residence in Chennai city limits.
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Chennai city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Limit of 450 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
- Newspaper and water bottle.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in Special Request\'s and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 2-4 hours before pick-up time.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours you need to book your hotels yourself.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5520 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.