Chennai Local Sightseeing Full Day Tour
Traverse through the rich culture of chennai city and escape into the sightseeing places of Chennai with this full day tour. Witness the iconic landmarks , art and architectural heritage sites.
Connect with us Live by Clicking on 'Chat' or Whatsapp Click Here
A comprehensive tour of Chennai city to see the most important and beautiful places of Chennai.
Convenient pick-up from Chennai hotel or residence.
Visit attractive tourist spots in Chennai like the Fort Saint George, Burma Bazaar, Government museum and many more during this tour.
Service of an experienced driver to drive you around Chennai.
Chennai city is known for its rich history and cultural importance which attracts many tourists to visit the city of south India. Formerly known as Madras, it is a booming tourist city with places like Marina beach, Besant nagar beach, Valluvar Kottam monument etc. it is popular for its industries and trade, varieties of food and cuisines and of course the market streets of Burma Bazaar as well. You can get all these benefits in one Chennai sightseeing full day tour to visit some of the famous places in the city. It is certainly a great holiday destination which provides for exciting tour packages. So why wait more, when you can hop on this tour!
Chennai Tour Itinerary
- Your tour will begin with a pick up from your hotel/residence in Chennai city limits.
- Post pick up you may choose to visit the following suggested places:
- Fort St. George: Fort St George is the 17th-century fort built by British in the city of Madras, the modern city of Chennai. The building now houses Tamil Nadu state legislative assembly. It is still a good place to visit in Chennai sightseeing places. (Timings - 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Entrance Charges- Rs. 5 per person for Indians, Rs. 100 per person for Foreign Tourists)
- Burma Bazaar: Burma Bazaar is actually sort of grey market run by Burmese (Myanmar) refugees living in Chennai. A good place to buy cheap imported perfumes, electronics, and software. (Timings - 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM)
- Government Museum: The second oldest museum in India, the Government Museum or Madras Museum showcases human history and culture. Interestingly this museum has the largest collection of Roman artefacts outside of Europe. (Timings - 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Entrance Charges- Rs. 15 for Adults and Rs. 10 for Children for Indians and Rs. 250 for Adults and Rs.125 for Children for Foreign Tourists)
- Valluvar Kottam: Valluvar Kottam is the most recognizable monument in Chennai and dedicated to the classical Tamil poet, Thiruvalluvar. The monument stands in the middle of a local Chennai lake and has become a prominent landmark of the city. (Timings - 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM)
- Santhome Cathedral: San Thome Basilica is a 16th-century beautiful cathedral built by Portuguese and later restored by the British. Interestingly this church is only one of the three churches in the world to have been built over the tomb of an apostle of Jesus. (Timings - 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM)
- Kapaleeswarar Temple: Kapaleeshwarar Temple is a 7th century Lord Shiva temple with a huge gopuram built in typical Dravidian architectural style in Mylapore area of Chennai. This is Chennai's most famous temple one of the top places to visit in Chennai, to experience the cultural history of Chennai and South India in general. (Timings - 6:00 AM - 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
- Madras Lighthouse: The Madras Light House situated on famous Marina Beach in Chennai stands facing the Bay of Bengal. The lighthouse is open to the public. (Timings - 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM)
- Marina Beach: Marina Beach is the most popular beach and a top tourist attraction in Chennai city. It is a natural beach famed to be the second-longest natural beach in the world. Swimming at the Marina Beach is prohibited because of strong undercurrents but fishing and sailing activities are possible.
- After the completion of your trip, you will be dropped back at your hotel or residence in Chennai city limits.
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is a local city tour hence the vehicle can not be used for any outstation tour.
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan or SUV
- Pickup and drop-off in Chennai Hotel or Residence
- Sightseeing as per tour itinerary
- Driver and fuel charges
- 10 hours of usage (Extra hourly charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3935 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.