Chadar Frozen River Trek 2017
9 Nights/10 Days
2 to 10 people
English & Hindi
Chadar is more than a 1000 year old trail over a frozen river used by ancient traders of the Zanskar region to reach the city of Leh in winter. Chadar, which literally means 'Layer', refers to the veil of snow and ice that forms over the river. This is the only way in and out of the Zanskar Valley to Leh, when all other routes are closed due to massive snowfall in winter. Its a walk through time, a travel through history, fighting every moment with the biting cold temperature and solving the puzzle of the continuously shifting ice. A must do trek for those seeking adventure to the extreme.
The 3 batches for Chadar Trek in 2017 are as follows:
BATCH 1: 13th-22nd Jan '17
BATCH 2: 20th-29th Jan '17
BATCH 3: 27th Jan – 5th Feb '17
- Total Duration – 7 Nights / 8 Days (Ex Leh)
- Maximum Altitude – 3303 m/ 10900 ft
- Grade – Strenuous
- Total Distance: 45Km
Day 1: Arrival at Leh by flight and this day should strictly be kept for acclimatization.
Day 2: A photography day trip in & around Leh.
Day 3: Leh to Chiling by car (64Km/3hrs). Trek to Tilat Sumdo (3217m, 2 Km/1-2 hrs).
Day 4: Trek to Shingra Koma (3217m, 12 km/6 hrs)
Day 5: Trek to Tibb/Dibb Cave (3283m, 12.5Km/6-7hrs)
Day 6: Trek to Nyerak (3390m, 12Km/7hrs). This is the point of return for our trek.
Day 7: Trek to Tibb/Dibb Cave (3283m, 12Km/7hrs)
Day 8: Trek to Shingra Koma (3217m, 12.5Km/6-7hrs)
Day 9: Trek to Chilling and drive back to Leh. (14km/6-7hrs)
Day 10: Departure from Leh by flight.
- Service tax.
- Pick-up from the airport on Day 1 and drop at the airport on Day 10.
- Accommodation: Stay at Leh Hotel/Guest House on Day 1, Day 2 and Day 9 of Trek and tents/camps on the trek twin share basis.
- Hiring charges of the vehicle for photography trip on Day 2.
- Transportation from Leh to the road head at Chilling from where the trek starts.
- All meals during the trek.
- Camping charges and permits.
- Walking crampon,Sub Zero Sleeping bags and Extra padded sleeping mats.
- Services of a Qualified and experienced Trek Leader to guide over the entire tour.
- Arrival at Leh and Departure from Leh.
- Food/Meal in Leh.
- The newly proposed Wildlife Fees and Environmental fees as being put forward by LAHDC and ALTOA~ in case it gets implemented before your trek.
- Personal expenses and tips.
- Personal winter and trek requirements like jackets~ sun glasses~ gloves~ and trekking poles and gumboots.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the included list.
- The cost involved to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather~ ill health~roadblocks and/or any factors beyond our control.
- You can hire personal gear if required on early notice.
- Offload of your personal backpack will be cost separately 450 INR per day up to 10 Kg.
- Cancellation prior to 30 days from the start of the event– full refund.
- Cancellation between 30 days and 20 days to the start of the event– 50% refund.
- Cancellation less than 20 days to the start of the event– No refund, but if you want to do the same itinerary sometime later within a year, you will get 55% discount on itinerary Fee. Reach us if you want to use the same amount for another trek.
- There will be a deduction of 3.09% as bank processing charges on all refunds.