Chadar Frozen River Trek 2017
Chadar is more than a 1000 year old trail over a frozen river used by ancient traders of the Zanskar region to reach the city of Leh in winter. Chadar, which literally means 'Layer', refers to the veil of snow and ice that forms over the river. This is the only way in and out of the Zanskar Valley to Leh, when all other routes are closed due to massive snowfall in winter. Its a walk through time, a travel through history, fighting every moment with the biting cold temperature and solving the puzzle of the continuously shifting ice. A must do trek for those seeking adventure to the extreme.
The 3 batches for Chadar Trek in 2017 are as follows:
BATCH 1: 13th-22nd Jan '17
BATCH 2: 20th-29th Jan '17
BATCH 3: 27th Jan – 5th Feb '17
- Total Duration – 7 Nights / 8 Days (Ex Leh)
- Maximum Altitude – 3303 m/ 10900 ft
- Grade – Strenuous
- Total Distance: 45Km
Day 1: Arrival at Leh by flight and this day should strictly be kept for acclimatization.
Day 2: A photography day trip in & around Leh.
Day 3: Leh to Chiling by car (64Km/3hrs). Trek to Tilat Sumdo (3217m, 2 Km/1-2 hrs).
Day 4: Trek to Shingra Koma (3217m, 12 km/6 hrs)
Day 5: Trek to Tibb/Dibb Cave (3283m, 12.5Km/6-7hrs)
Day 6: Trek to Nyerak (3390m, 12Km/7hrs). This is the point of return for our trek.
Day 7: Trek to Tibb/Dibb Cave (3283m, 12Km/7hrs)
Day 8: Trek to Shingra Koma (3217m, 12.5Km/6-7hrs)
Day 9: Trek to Chilling and drive back to Leh. (14km/6-7hrs)
Day 10: Departure from Leh by flight.
- Service tax.
- Pick-up from the airport on Day 1 and drop at the airport on Day 10.
- Accommodation: Stay at Leh Hotel/Guest House on Day 1, Day 2 and Day 9 of Trek and tents/camps on the trek twin share basis.
- Hiring charges of the vehicle for photography trip on Day 2.
- Transportation from Leh to the road head at Chilling from where the trek starts.
- All meals during the trek.
- Camping charges and permits.
- Walking crampon,Sub Zero Sleeping bags and Extra padded sleeping mats.
- Services of a Qualified and experienced Trek Leader to guide over the entire tour.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.