Kodaikanal Trek & Waterfalls Camping
Start a trip from Bangalore to reach Kodaikanal and trek to Kookal hills and visit Thuthur waterfalls and camp amidst the wilderness.
- Trek to the little explored hills of Kookal, which is in the range of Palani hills.
- Visit Thuthur waterfall and camp amidst the jungle.
Being one of the enticing hill stations in the Tamilnadu State of India, Kodaikanal is much sought after tourist spot in South India. Located on the sprawling Palani hilly region, Kodaikanal is known for its verdancy. Palani Hills are the mountain range which adjoins the high Anamalai range on the west and extend east into the plains of Tamil Nadu. Kookal is a Panchayat village of terrace farmers at the far western end of the Palani Hills in Kodaikanal block of Dindigul district. It is 40 kilometres (25 mi) from Kodaikanal. Elevation is 1,890 metres (6,200 ft). The wildlife flourishing in the area is bison, elephants, tigers, deer and some beautiful avifauna. Kookal lake runs through the middle of the shoals and surrounding grasslands. The Sálim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History has a field research station here. Evergreen rain forest once extended down the valleys and slopes of the Palani Hills almost to the plains. Many of these wilderness areas and various wildlife may be seen while trekking in the area of Kookal.
Day 1: Overnight journey from Bangalore
- The guests are requested to report at the nearest pickup points by 6:15 pm.
- Meet the fellow travellers and take an overnight journey to Kodaikanal
Day 2: Trek to Kookal hills and visit Thuthur waterfalls and camp.
- Early morning, reach Kodaikanal, freshen up and have breakfast.
- Take a drive of almost 30 km to reach the basecamp where we start the trek from.
- The trek to Kookal hills is about 8 km one way and on the way, we visit Thuthur waterfalls too.
- Reach the hilltop and pitch the tents at the top of Kookal hills and have a freshly prepared food.
- Feel the warmth at the side of campfire and camp amidst the jungle to end the day.
Day 3: Descend back and drive back to Bangalore
- Rise early and have breakfast, and start descending back which is almost 8 km.
- After the descent, we will start the drive back to Bangalore.
- We will stop for lunch and dinner (self-sponsored) on the way and the guests are expected to reach back by late night (11-11:30 approximately)
- Transportation from Bangalore
- Accommodation: tents and sleeping bag will be provided.
- Meals: Day 1: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, Day 2: Breakfast (veg-food only)
- Guide and support staff
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Pick up points:
- 6.15 PM - Hebbal
- 6.30 PM - Tin factory
- 7.45 PM - Marathalli
- 8.00 PM - Eco space
- 8.15 PM - Silk Board
Things to carry:
- ID proof, Backpack
- Sunscreen/cap, Pair of clothes,
- Torch (with extra batteries), Personal Medication
- Necessary toiletries, Shoes with a good grip
Any person above 15 years can join the trek and is charged an adult price.
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
₹ 4140 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.