Kedarkantha Trek from Sankri to Sankri
Kedarkantha Trek is one classic gem of winter treks in Garhwal Himalayas that never stops to attract trekkers with mesmerising views.
- Witness the Dhauladhar ranges from the peak of Kedarkantha.
- Free cancellation prior to 30 days.
Kedarkantha has been all time favourite trek of many travel enthusiastic and trekkers as this trek takes hardly 6 days round trip from Delhi and almost demands no prior experience of trekking, those who are willing to explore this trek. It takes you far away from the hush of city air into the remote villages of Garhwal in just one night and next day you find yourself in towns of Garhwal Region awkwardly peaceful, unspoilt with time, surrounded by panoramic view of high snow-capped peaks.
Day 1: Arrival at Sankri
- You have to report at the homestay on Mori-Sankari road, approximately 200 KM from Dehradun city centre.
- Once at the homestay, the trekking group will be served snacks and dinner.
- The overnight stay will be arranged at the homestay.
Day 2: Sankri to Juda Ka Talab | 4 km, 5-6 hours trek
- The guests are requested to report at Sankri by 6:00 am and meet the guide.
- After arrival, we will start our trek from Sankri to Juda Ka Talab which will be 4 km trek.
- The path goes through Saud village and which is a gentle climb. We can experience the village routine life here.
- Walk for 4-5 hours to reach Juda Ka Talab and we stay overnight after dinner.
Day 3: Juda Ka Talab to Kedarkantha Base Camp | 4 km, 3 hours trek
- We will start the day after having breakfast and trek through pine and oak forests to reach the open highlands.
- Walk through forests and meadows and witness Dhauladhar ranges.
- Trek for 4km and reach Kedarkantha base camp, which is the campsite for the day.
- We will have dinner and camp overnight.
Day 4: Kedarkantha base camp to Kerdakantha peak and back to basecamp | 6km, 7 hours trek.
- Start the day early after breakfast to climb the summit of Kedarkantha by afternoon.
- As we move forward slowly dense forest trails surrounding by Pine trees start to disappear slowly.
- Panoramic views of mighty Himalayas range mixed with dark blue and white clouds scattered like a painting looks amazing at the top.
- After spending some time, we descend back to the campsite at Kedarkantha base camp.
- Have sumptuous dinner and camp here to end the day.
Day 5: Kedarkantha base camp to Sankri | 8km, 4 hours trek
- After breakfast, start the descent towards Sankri which is 6km from the base camp.
- We will descend through a more marked well-paved route, laden with stones.
- Reach Sankri and this place is known for wooden toys, small hand made goods and wooden decors.
- Have dinner and camp overnight here to end the day.
Day 6: Check out
- Morning tea will be served to the guests, and after that guests can check out from Sankri to end the trip.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide
- Experienced staff (guide, cook, helpers, porters/mules staff).
- All 3 meals as per the itinerary
- Clean and maintained trekking equipment such as tents, sleeping bag, gaiters, crampons/microspikes.
- Fully equipped medical kit, oxygen, and safety equipment.
- All forest and other necessary permits.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 70% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5300 Per Person