Har Ki Doon Trek from Sankri
Trek to a cradle-shaped valley in the Garhwal region of the Himalayas, which is also called Valley of Gods - Har ki Doon.
- Trek to Valley of Gods, which gives the best views of Garhwal Himalayas.
- Encounter the views of Swargarohini and Jaunder glacier at the peak of Har Ki Dun.
The mountains of Garhwal come with dramatic formations and diverse geographic regions. Streams of crystal-clear rivers formed by the melting of glaciers, lush green meadows, hamlets, pine forests and rugged terrain form the varied topography of this region. But it is perhaps the mythological aspect of the Har ki Doon trek that makes this onerous journey more special. It would be a heavenly experience to trek along the “Valley of Gods”, and follow the track once beaten by Pandavas on their way to the heavens. So how closer you come to heavens is quite impossible to say, but the panorama of the gorgeous settings amid the snow-clad peaks would be no less than a divine experience.
Day 1: Arrival at Sankri
- The guests are requested to report at the homestay at Mori-Sankri road by 6:00 pm.
- You are served with tea and the time is for exploration and relaxation.
- Have freshly prepared dinner and rest for the day.
Day 2: Drive to Taluka from Sankri and trek to Chilurgad | 12 km drive & 10 km trek
- Start the day after breakfast and we drive 12 km drive to Taluka followed by 10 km trek to Chiluragd.
- After an initial trek to a valley along River Supin, you follow a path that would be interspersed with forests and bridges.
- Walk, climb and cross a few more bridges to reach Gangaad, a hamlet with few inhabitants.
- After walking for 6 odd hours we will reach the campsite at Chilurgad.
- Have dinner and camp overnight at Chilurgad.
Day 3: Trek from Chilurgad to Simantra | 9km, 5-6 hours trek
- Today we begin with a short trek along the river that takes us to Osla, a small village.
- We can visit a small temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and proceed further.
- Trek through steep terrain, flat grounds and flowing streams.
- It is about 9 km trek and we reach Simantra campsite
- Take rest to end the day at the campsite.
Day 4: Simantra to Har Ki Dun & back to Simantra | 10 km, 6-7 hours trek
- Start the trek early morning as we have to cover reach Har Ki Dun top and come back.
- The grasslands and pine forests would give way to a small waterfall, and from this point onwards, a steep climbing for minutes would lead you to level land.
- Trek for 5 km to reach the top and witness the peaks of Swargarohini and Jaundar glacier.
- Explore Har Ki Dun peak and start the descent to Simantra.
- Reach campsite by evening and overnight camp at Simantra to end the day.
Day 5: Simantra to Chilurgad | 9 km, 5-6 hours trek
- Start the descent early after breakfast and this downhill trek would involve descending about 3500ft in 6-7 hours.
- The mesmerizing beauty of the Himalayas would always be encouraging and also we find several vantage points to stop by.
- The path to Chilurgad would pass through Kalkatiyadhar and Osla and finally reach Chilurgad.
- Have dinner at the basecamp and camp overnight at Chilurgad.
Day 6: Chilurgad to Taluka trek & drive to Sankri | 10 km trek & 12 km drive
- Today is the last day of the trek and we start the trek after having breakfast at the campsite.
- It involves 10 km trek downhill to Taluka and it is less strenuous than uphill.
- Reach Taluka and a vehicle would be waiting for us, drive back to Sankri.
- After reaching, dinner is served at a homestay and overnight stay to end the day
Day 7: Check out
- The guests are served with tea and then we can check out from the homestay to our further journey.
- We will end the trek with cherishing memories.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide
- Experienced staff (guide, cook, helpers, porters/mules staff).
- All meals as per the itinerary (5 breakfast, 5 lunch & 6 dinners)
- Accommodation in tents on sharing basis (twin, triple sharing basis)
- Clean and maintained trekking equipment such as tents, sleeping bag, gaiters, crampons/microspikes.
- Fully equipped medical kit, oxygen, and safety equipment.
- All forest and other necessary permits.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 70% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 7720 Per Person