Kolkata Guided Sightseeing Day Tour
Explore Kolkata's famous tourist attractions, historical buildings and monuments on this 7 hours tour with a knowledgeable tour guide.
- Enjoy the sightseeing of major tourist attractions in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- The tour comes with the service of knowledgeable tour guide for the entire tour.
- Visit historical buildings like Mother House and St. Andrew's Kirk.
Kolkata, previously known as Calcutta is the state capital of West Bengal. Calcutta (now Kolkata) is called the “City of Palaces” was the second most important city of the British Empire after London. Calcutta is home to one of the world's finest existing specimens of British imperial architecture. This 7 hours guided tour is a perfect way to gather the archaeological gems spread across the city. This tour combines Calcutta’s iconic monuments and buildings, the bazaars of Calcutta and a sneak peek into the daily lives of the natives. A unique window to the vibrant lifestyle of the city.
- The driver will receive you from your hotel or residence in Kolkata at 9:00 AM.
- The guide cum host for the tour will meet you at your hotel's lobby and after a quick introduction, the tour will start.
- You will be visiting the following places on this tour:
- Mother (St. Teresa) at Mother House: It is here that Mother Teresa lived, prayed, worked & guided her pious family of sisters.
- The Writer’s Building: Originally served as the offices of the clerks of the East India Company, the building was also used to train writers in languages such as Hindi and Persian, until 1830.
- St. John's Church: Originally the cathedral, St John's Church was the first public building constructed by East India Company after Kolkata became the capital of British India.
- Governor's House: This building served as an official residence of the Viceroys of India during the Raj.
- St. Andrew’s Kirk: The first Scottish Church in Kolkata built during the colonial rule of East India Company.
- Currency Building: This building served as the Reserve Bank of India until 1937.
- You will also take a ferry ride across the river Hooghly (Ganges) to get a picturesque view of both the landmark bridges of Kolkata, the Howrah Bridge & the Vidyasagar Setu.
- Get a view of the Howrah Station from outside, the busiest railway station in India. Add more charm to your tour, get mesmerized by the scintillating view of the largest flower market of Kolkata, second largest in Asia.
- After a short halt for lunch at Park Street, you will proceed to Victoria Memorial, a magnificent and grand marble palace with beautiful gardens and a museum.
- Afterwards head towards Princep Ghat, one of Kolkata's earliest recreational spots and a photographer’s paradise. Resting on the banks of the beautiful river Hooghly, this place is adorned with lush trees and expanse of green lawns.
- The tour concludes at New Market, the fashion street of Calcutta. Walk around the New Market area to explore the spice shops and oldest tea shops in the city. You may buy a few souvenirs as mementoes of the tour.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped at your hotel or residence.
- All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle (car or coach).
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Packaged drinking water.
- Monument entrance fees (as per the itinerary).
- Tolls & Parking charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6890 Flat Rate
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.