Kolahoi Glacier Base Camp Trek from Pahalgam
A trek to the base camp of Kolahoi Glacier, a 4-day trek starting from Pahalgam in Kashmir valley takes you to an altitude of 4,140 metres through the dense forest of Lidderwat and Satlenjan.
- A trekking journey which takes you to the source or the origin of Jhelum river i.e. Kolahoi Glacier.
- Conquer great heights up to 4140 metres during this trek.
- A visit to Tarsar Lake is also on offer during this trek.
- Company of experienced mountain guides.
Kolahoi Base Camp Trek is one of the dazzling trekking spots in Kashmir. Kolahoi Base Camp (4140m) is the best trekking trip and it promises to be a glorious experience for the trekkers. Kolahoi Base Camp Trek moves across green meadows of Aru Valley in Pahalgam, dense forest of Lidderwat (3050m) and Satlenjan (3420m) and the highland lake Tarsar. Many national and international trekkers participate in this trek.
Day 1: Report in Pahalgam at 9:00 AM and drive to Aru Valley. Trek to Lidderwat | Drive 8 KM | Trek 10 KM / 6 hours
- After your arrival in Pahalgam at around 9:00 am you will begin your day with a meet and greet, you will make a gentle but a long climb from Aru to Lidderwat covering a distance of 10 km in 6 hours.
- All along the way, we drive past the scenery of lush green pine trees and of the serpentine tributary of river Lidder, singing all the time.
- You can enjoy lunch at a place called Draaidar, while you enjoy the mesmerizing beauty.
- You may rest and resume for Lidderwat, it takes you four hours on foot to reach Lidderwat. It is a wonderland, it is regarded as one of the best spots.
- You will camp in Lidderwat for the night, it is almost plain meadows with big two streams flowing along its two sides and surrounding are the mountains covered with pines.
- All along the way here at Lidderwath you would see gipsy families living in mud houses during warm months of the year. These families have their own traditional culture not affected by so to modern culture, they rear cattle and sell milk and milk products.
- Enjoy campfire till late at night and have a good night's sleep in the comfortable tents.
Day 2: Trek from Lidderwat to Tarsar Lake and descend back to Lidderwat | Trek 10 KM / 8 hours
- On the second day, after a nice warm breakfast, you begin your trek for Tarsar lake. It will take you five hours to reach Tarsar and then back to Sekhiwas.
- On reaching the lake you would feel on the top of the world. Here we would see no trees, the lake is surrounded almost from all sides by snow covered mountains.
- It is a big lake and one has to be ready to assimilate its beauty. It is deep, full of transparent water. and is basically a snow-fed lake.
- Have your lunch at the lake and rest. You will reach back to Lidderwat via Sekhiwas and enjoy the night there.
Day 3: Trek from Lidderwat to Kolahai Glacier and descend back to Lidderwat | Trek 16 KM / 3-4 hours
- After breakfast, you begin for Kolahai Glacier, the source of river Jehlum flowing through the middle of Kashmir.
- It will take you three hours to reach Kolahoi Glacier, it is impressive. Here we would find shepherd families rearing sheep.
- It takes you another two hours to reach back to Satlanjan and you enjoy another night at Lidderwat.
Day 4: From Lidderwat, start return journey to Pahalgam | Trek 10 KM / 8 hours
- On day 4, you have breakfast in Lidderwat and start back to Pahalgam.
- Trek as per the itinerary.
- Tent, sleeping bag and tent mat.
- Meals during the trek (6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 5 dinners).
- Experienced trek guide and support staff.
- Transportation from Pahalgam to Aru and back.
- Pony for common luggage.
- Permits from local authorities and national parks.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 11500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.