Harbhagwan Lake Trek
5 days of trekking experience in Jammu and Kashmir, taking you the serene Harbagwan Trek in Pahalgam which has distinct flora and fauna, mystical environs and snow-capped peak on offer.
- Watch several species of birds and varieties of wildflowers during this trek.
- Understand the local culture and the life of a shepherd as your hosts explain you the same.
- Service of a local and experienced local guide during the trek.
Harbhagwan Lake lies in between the mystical mountains of Pahalgam. Pahalgam to Harbagwan Lake is a wonderful trekking experience. Pahalgam is a place that is famous for its meadows and mountain streams. In the backdrop, you’ll see snow-capped peaks of mountains and at the same time, the meadows are traversed by beautiful mountain streams which make the overall scenery of Pahalgam most captivating.
Day 1: Arrival in Pahalgam and trek to Gagdi Pathri | Trek 5-6 hours
- After your arrival in Pahalgam at around 9:00 AM you will begin your day with a meet and greet you will start your trek from Pahalgam to Gagdi Pathri.
- This place is between two mountains and has mindblowing beauty and fresh water flowing streams.
- One can see beautiful wildflowers in the way and different species of birds.
- To reach Gagdi Pathri, we will have to trek for 5-6 hours. You can enjoy colourful scenery and can take beautiful snaps.
- Reach Gagdi Pathri by late afternoon and relax here and have dinner.
- You will be pitching your tents in Gagdi Pathri.
Day 2: Trek from Gagdi Pathri to Danwath via Arampathri | Trek 7 hours
- On day 2, after a nice warm breakfast, start your day's trek early in the morning, you move to another beautiful location called Arampathri.
- A fresh water stream flowing by and you can enjoy the footbridges on these river streams. It takes you 2 hours to reach Arampathri, which is an alpine meadow.
- You will stop for some time to enjoy nature. After lunch, you begin your trek for yet another thrilling spot called Danawath. It is at a very high altitude. You will find a small spring with clear and transparent water in it.
- It is a pasture with different vegetation and flowers. It will take you approximately 5 hours to reach there.
- Pitch your tents here and dinner is served to you and camp at Danawath.
Day 3: Trek from Danawath to Harbhagwan Lake via Nafran | Trek 8 hours
- After breakfast, you start from Danawath to Harbagwan Lake via Nafran.
- It takes you approximately 8 hours to reach Narfan and Harbhagwan Lake. Nafran is a grazing land where shepherds and nomadic bakrawalas (a tribe which shuttle between Jammu and Kashmir in search of grass for sheep, goats and horses) take their cattle to.
- After a tiring trek, reach Harbhagwan lake, the lake is grand in size. Here you find yourselves in a different world. One feels at the top of the world.
- For a botanist, this is the best place to find different kinds of plants and flowers.
- You will be pitching tents close to the Harbhagwan Lake.
Day 4: Trek from Harbhagwan Lake to Bajipathri and back to Arampathri | Trek 5 hours
- On the fourth day, after breakfast, you will be trekking to yet another beautiful location called Bajipathri.
- Here one can view the whole Kashmir and see how shepherds make cheese with sheep's milk. One can take beautiful snaps of flocks of sheep.
- From here you can see tips of the mountain. You will enjoy lunch and tea here.
- It takes you approximately 4 hours to Bajipathri and back to Arampathri.
- Have freshly prepared dinner and camp overnight here.
Day 5: Arampathri - Pahalgam | Trek 4-5 hours
- On the fifth and the final day, you will be trekking back to Pahalgam from Arampathri and will take an unconventional route through the hamlets.
- This trail will go for 4-5 hours to reach Pahalgam.
- Reach Pahalgam and bid goodbye to your hosts with cherished memories of the trek.
- Accommodation in tents (twin/triple/quadruple sharing basis)
- Camping charges and sleeping bags.
- Meals during the trek (5 breakfasts, 5 Lunches and 4 Dinners)
- Bonfire charges (if weather permits)
- Pony for luggage
- Services of a professional guide
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 14500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.