Dayara Bugyal Trek
Bugyal in the local language means “High Altitude Meadow”. The Dayara Bugyal trek is one of the most beautiful treks in Uttarakhand, situated at an elevation ranging from 10,000 – 12,000 ft. The vast meadow, Dayara Bugyal, is second to none in natural beauty in Uttarakhand. There is an immense possibility for Nordic as well as Alpine skiing since during the winter it provides one of the best ski slopes in India spread over an area of 28 sq/kms.
Day 01 : Dehradun - BARSU (2200, Drive 220 kms /6-7 hrs)
We drive through the towns of Narendranagar,Tehri, Uttarkashi , Bhatwari to reach Barsu. The final 30kms is an uphill climb. Barsu village is a quaint little village with a village tank and a GMVN guesthouse. This village is a birder's paradise with many ground birds easily sighted. It is very easy to spot a black eagle on this trek. We pitch tents 2kms above Barsu village and spent the night beside a bonfire with hot dinner.
Day 02 : BARSU to DAYARA BUGYAL VIA BARNALA BUGYAL
We start post breakfast. The trek to Dayara Bugyal passes through Barnala Bugyal. It is a 6km trek and once you clear the tree line the walk becomes very rewarding with unending views of the snow peaks. We reach Dayara Bugyal and pitch our tents. We spend the evening exploring the nearby Gidara Bugyal and walking on the ridge connecting Dayara to Assi Ganga valley.
Day 03 : DAYARA BUGYAL TO BARSU AND DRIVE TO Dehradun
We start the day post breakfast and head down to Barsu. We then drive back all the way to Dehradun.
- Transport support throughout the trek
- Experience mountain guide & Cook
- Camping Arrangement (Tents + Sleeping Bag + Camping Mattresses + Camping Stool/Chair + Mess Tents + First Aid)
- Forest entry charges payable at forest check post
- All veg meals starting from on trip starting from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on last day. Plz note that breakfast and dinner will be hot while lunch will be packed.
- Porter/Mule for Carrying camping equipment & ration, Plz note that personal luggage will not be carried by the porters
- Any meals while travelling from dehradun to barsu
- Guesthouse accommodation anywhere
- Any tips,laundry ,phne calls, medicines, personal expenses on any other meal or drinks
- Personal porter support will be chargeable at 200 Rs per bag per day. Weight of 1 bag should not increase 12 kgs.
- Rent for trekking shoes is Rs 200 per trekking day. The charges are applicable irrespective if the shoes are worn or not during the trek. Availability of shoes needs to be confirmed with us.
- Rent for walking stick is Rs 50 per trekking day. The charges are applicable irrespective if the stick is used or not.
- Waterproof Rucksack
- Comfortable Trekking Boots
- One Raincoat/Waterproof jacket
- Windproof Jacket
- 2-3 T-shirt/Shirt
- 2 Trouser/pants
- Woolen Gloves
- Thermal Inner-wears
- Warm Fleece
- Woolen Cap
- Woolen Socks & Regular Socks
- Water Bottle
- Camera & Phone if you like (with full/Extra Batteries)
- Identity Cards
- Specific Medication Medicine
- Personal Toiletries
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that