Sunrise Trek to Garbett Plataeu near Matheran
Trek to Garbett Point near Matheran to catch the beautiful sunrise and get the panoramic views of the Garbett plateau with surrounding valleys.
- Hike the Garbett point to witness the great view of the plateau.
- Enjoy the adventurous night trek with an expert guide.
- Catch the sunrise from the Garbett point.
Garbett Point is located near Matheran with the grand view of the plateau below. The huge plateau gives a view to various waterfalls on the neighbouring mountains. This place is also one of the top places to visit in Matheran hill station and among most scenic places to visit near Mumbai.
Garbett Point, situated about 5 km walk from Matheran Railway Station, is a comparatively secluded and less visited vantage point. Flanked by a gorgeous valley on one side and the thick jungle on the other, Garbett Point is a place from where enthralling views of sunrise and sunset can be observed.
- All the members are required to report at Chatrapathi Shivaji Terminus to board the Karjat fast local train which leaves at 9:20 PM.
- You'll meet the guide and host for the trip here and after buying the tickets, everyone will board the train to reach Bhivpuri Station by around 11:00 PM.
- Once everyone is gathered up after the briefing session, led by the guide you'll start the warmup walk to the base village.
- At the village, the group will be offered some food before the trek begins. A group introduction session will also be done at the village during the snack time.
- From the village, you will be crossing the fields and the mountains which are lush green and with waterfalls during the monsoons.
- The trekkers will have to climb a steep but short climb to the hillock before the view opens up to the Garbett plateau with panoramic views of the valley. The complete climb may take up to 5 hours.
- Once at the Garbett point, the group will take rest and wait for the sunrise. The sunrise here is said to be magical and offers some great views of the valley.
- After the sunrise and some explorations around, the group starts again and follows the trail towards Matheran to reach Dasturi Naka. It's going to be an hour-long hike to Matheran.
- From Matheran, the group will take a shared taxi to reach Neral station to board the trai for Mumbai.
- Once in Mumbai bid farewell to the group, until your next adventure.
- Train ticket from and back to Mumbai.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Light food at night.
- Shared taxi fare from Matheran to Neral station.
- First Aid.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1090 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.