Kodaikanal Trekking and Camping Trip from Bangalore
A trekking and camping trip to the serene hill station of Kodaikanal from Bangalore. Kodaikanal in Tamil means "the gift of the forest", a summer retreat for travellers and nature lovers since 1845.
- Visit a manmade lake to unwind the natural beauty amidst the lush green forest.
- Enjoy the camping at a tranquil destination of Kodaikanal.
- Trek to an unexplored check dam to go through the trails of forest and meadows.
Kodaikanal is a city near Palani in the hills of the Dindigul district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. Its name in the Tamil language means "The Gift of the Forest". Kodaikanal is referred to as the "Princess of Hill stations" and has a long history as a retreat and popular tourist destination. Kodaikanal Main Town covered with mist. Kodaikanal was established in 1845 as a refuge from the high temperatures and tropical diseases of the plains. Much of the local economy is based on the hospitality industry serving tourism. Kodaikanal is at the crown of the Palani Hills and is effectively surrounded and protected by thick forests.
Day 1: Overnight journey from Bangalore
- You are required to report at the pickup location at the reporting time (please refer meet up information).
- Bangalore to Kodaikanal will be an overnight journey.
Day 2: Reach the campsite in Kodaikanal and go for a day trek.
- The group is expected to reach the campsite in Kodaikanal by 8:00 AM. Freshen up and have breakfast.
- After a hearty breakfast, start a short trek to check dam by 10:00 AM.
- The trek is almost 5 KM and it would take approximately 2.5 hours to reach the dam and explore the place around and take a dip in a nearby lake with lifejackets provided.
- Trek back to reach the campsite approximately by 4:00 PM and relax at the campsite.
- Enjoy the dinner served and feel the warmth by the side of the campfire.
- Camp under the stars to end the day.
Day 3: Kodaikanal Sightseeing and journey back to Bangalore.
- After breakfast, visit nearby waterfalls and Guna caves which was rediscovered by 1990s.
- Visit Kodaikanal lake, a beautiful manmade lake and pine forests.
- Start the journey back to Bangalore by 5:00 PM and stop on the way for dinner (self-sponsored)
- The group is expected to reach Bangalore by 4:00 to 5:00 AM in the morning.
- Group vehicle for transportation from and back to Bangalore.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Accommodation in tents with sleeping bags (twin/triple sharing basis).
- Service of trekking guide.
- Permits for trekking.
- Life jackets are provided on day-2.
- All meals (2 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner).
- First Aid Kit.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3780 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.