Sundarbans 2 Days and 1 Night Tour From Kolkata
Two days and one night tour into the mangrove forest of Sundarban to witness different species of birds and explore the home to The Royal Bengal tiger.
- Walk through the villages to experience the local life of villagers.
- Enjoy bird spotting of different migratory birds.
- Watch Royal Bengal tiger in its natural habitat.
- Air-conditioned accommodation.
- Enjoy local tribal dance and singing performances.
- Company of a knowledgeable local guide.
The Sunderban is a mangrove forest in the delta formed by the confluence of three rivers Ganges, Brahmaputra and Meghna. The Sunderbans is divided between India and Bangladesh by the border is one of the biggest mangroves in the world with rich flora and fauna. The Sundarbans is also home to Royal Bengal Tiger besides other animals which also live here such as spotted deer, wild boars, civet cat, monitor lizard, crocodiles and birds such as kingfisher, egret, Brahmani eagles, pond heron, black cormorants.
Day 1: Drive from Kolkata to Gadkhali and Cruise from Gadkhali to Sonagaon via Gosaba | 86 km Drive | 1 1/2 Cruise
- You will be received at the hotel/residence or the Science City at 08:30 AM by the driver who will be accompanied by your tour coordinator.
- From here you will start three and a half hours journey to Gadkhali, the last road to mainland India ends here.
- At noon board a boat to the island of Gosaba which is the biggest market for hundreds of villages around, post which you will continue your journey to Sonagaon.
- Arrive at the resort at 01:30 PM which is located on the island of Sonagaon Gadkhali, have lunch and relax for a while.
- At 03:00 PM walk through the beautiful paddy fields and the village of honey collectors and fishermen, looking out for local rituals and beliefs. This village has no cars or electricity.
- Take a boat ride of 2-3 hours at 03:30 PM for bird watching, during which you can spot birds like seven types of kingfisher, egret, Brahmani eagles, pond heron, black cormorants and above all getting introduced to the lovely mangroves, with surreal creatures like fiddler crabs, mudskipper fish etc.
- You will arrive back at the resort by 06:30 PM and there will be a dance and singing performance show by local tribal people you can join them and have a gala time.
- Dinner is served at around 09:00 PM followed by the overnight at the resort.
Day 2: Boat Ride from Gadkhali to Sajnekhali to Sudhanyakhali to Dobanki and back to Gadkhali | Driven from Gadkhali to Kolkata | 11 hours Cruise | 86 km Drive
- On the 2nd day board the boat at 07:00 AM, after your hosts have procured the required permission and forest approved guide from the forest office, you will head off into the jungle, with one of the biggest mangroves of the world, rich in flora and fauna.
- This boat cruise will last till sunset and during this period you will visit 3 watchtowers, namely Sajnekhali, Sudhanyakhali and Dobanki. This covers Sajnekhali Tiger Project, Crocodile Project, Turtle Project, Mangrove interpretation centre, Bono Bibi Temple, Sudhanyakhali watchtower, Dobanki watchtower, Canopy walk, Pirkhali, Gazikhali & other narrow Creeks, Pancha Mukhani(Five river confluence).
- Breakfast, lunch and other refreshments will be cooked and served on the boat.
- Cruising the small channels and creeks you can spot different wildlife, spotted deer, wild boars, civet cat, monitor lizard, crocodiles, dolphins and of course the Royal Bengal Tigers.
- The boat ride will end between 04:30 - 05:00 PM, post which you will begin your journey back for Kolkata and reach by 8 PM.
- All transportation charges from Kolkata to Sunderban and back.
- One night hotel accommodation on double or triple sharing basis.
- Vegetarian/ Non-Vegetarian meals (1 breakfast, 2 lunches, 1 dinner and 2 evening snacks).
- Permits for Indian nationals.
- Boat charges.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide in Sunderban.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3700 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.