Best of Orrisa - 2 Day Guided Tour from Bhubaneshwar
A 2-day guided sightseeing tour of Orrisa and its gems is the best way to explore this historically rich city. Come explore the ancient structures and the beauty of Orrisa.
- Visit Dhauli and explore its ancient man-made structures which stand strong till date.
- Explore the Konark temple and learn about its history, visit the Puri Jagannath Temple.
- Boating in the famous Chilka lake and explore the Khandagiri Caves.
- The hassle of vehicular charges and accommodation in Bhubaneshwar is taken care of.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide during the tour.
Orrisa 2-Day Guided Tour' is a tour in which you get to experience the rich culture of Odisha in 48 hours. The tour starts at Dhauli wherein 260 BC Emperor Ashoka gave up war and became Buddhist and paved the way for the world to embrace Buddhism. The highlight of this tour would be the grand Sun Temple at Konark with its mesmerizing Sundials in the form of wheels of the Chariot. At Puri, you see the magnificent Temple of Lord Jagannath, famous for its Chariot festival. A Dolphin spotting ride in a boat on the Lake Chilika, meeting the legendary artists of Pattachitra style of painting and Caving in Khandagiri and Udayagiri are the other things you will do.
Day 1: Bhubaneshwar - Dhauli - Konark - Ramachandi Temple - Puri | Drive 110 km
- The driver will pick you from the hotel in Bhubaneshwar at 7:00 AM and you will meet the guide.
- After a short meet and greet you will begin your day's tour and start the journey towards Dhauli.
- At around 8:00 AM your first destination of the day would be Dhauli, this is the venue of an ancient battle which was fought in 260 BC.
- Your guide will narrate how emperor Ashoka, the great Mauryan King won the battle but upon seeing the bloodbath had a change of heart. He became a propagator of peace and had a big role in the spread of Buddhism in India.
- You will get to see edicts of Ashoka embossed on rocks using the ancient Brahmi script and Prakrit language. The rock-cut Elephant sculpture is one of the oldest in India.
- Next up you will visit the Shanti Stupa/Peace Pagoda is Dhauli, the current structure was built by an Indo-Japanese collaboration in 1972 by the Japan Buddha Sangh and the Kalinga Nippon Buddha Sangh.
- You will then be driven to Konark, to experience one of the greatest architectural masterpieces of India.
- Built in the 13th century by King Narasimhadeva, the temple is designed in the shape of a colossal chariot with seven horses and twelve wheels, carrying the sun god, Surya, across heavens. The Sun temple was known as ‘The Black Pagoda’ among early European sailors to the East.
- Lunch will be arranged at a local restaurant and you may relax for a bit there.
- You will then visit Ramachandi temple beside the Bay of Bengal. The temple is surrounded by casuarina plantations and is dedicated to Goddess Chandi who is seen seated on a lotus.
- At around 6 pm arrive at the beachside town of Puri. After an eventful day, you will hit the pristine beach with the guide to recharge your batteries.
- You will also see the famous temple of Lord Jagannath, an avatar of Lord Vishnu, non-Hindus are not allowed inside. The temple is famous for its annual Ratha Jatra, or chariot festival. During the chariot festival, the three principal deities are pulled on a gigantic chariot.
- You will be staying overnight in a hotel in Puri which would be pre-arranged.
Day 2: Puri - Chilka Lake - Raghurajpur - Khandagiri Caves - Raja Rani Temple - Bhubaneshwar | Drive 130 km
- On the second day, your guide will be meeting you at the hotel in Puri, after you are ready you may begin the day's tour.
- At around 6:30 AM you will be driven for an hour to reach the magnificent Chilka lake. At Satapada we will take a boat ride on the lake. If we are lucky we can spot dolphins of Irrawaddy.
- The state of Odisha is very famous for its handicrafts. You will visit the village market at Raghurajpur.
- This village is home to the immensely talented Pattachitra painters whose traditional style goes back to the 5th century BC. The artists use gum and chalk and their canvas is the dried palm leaf.
- Have your lunch and relax for a while, prior to your journey to Khandagiri Caves, these caves are dwelling retreats or cells of ancient Jain ascetics.
- These were built in the second century BC during the reign of King Kharavela of the Kalinga Kingdom. At the top, there is an 18th-century Jain temple as well.
- Next visit the Raja Rani Temple, this is a temple constructed in the 11th century from reddish and yellow sandstone. This material was called Rajarani in the local dialect and hence the temple got its name.
- The temple is famous for its unique sculptures of women. Women are in poses performing Odissi the traditional dance form as well as in everyday life moments.
- Your tour will end at around 6 pm after you are dropped back to your hotel in Bhubaneshwar.
- All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle
- Service of a local guide.
- Driver and fuel charges
- Toll and parking charges.
- Tour as per the itinerary.
- Monument entrance charges.
- Lunch during the tour.
- One night's stay in Puri.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 12500 Per Person
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.