Rock Art Tour in Goa with an Archaeologist
Take a day off from the beaches of Goa to visit the offbeat places like Rivona caves, Usgalimal with an archaeologist to witness rock engravings that date back to the stone age.
- Visit Rivona caves which were said to be the home of Pandavas during their exile.
- Understand the mystery behind the bubbles in the bubbling lake Netravati
- Witness the rock engravings from the stone age.
- Explore the spice plantation and get an idea on the variety of spices grown there.
This Goa tour is led by an Archeologist where we explore 9000-year-old rock carvings, laterite caves believed to be the home of the legendary Pandavas from the Hindu epic of Mahabharata, Netravali temple lake with its quirky bubbles and a spice farm where we have a traditional Goan lunch.
- The driver will pick up the guests from the hotel or residence in Goa at 8:00 AM.
- The archaeologist guide cum host for the tour will meet the guests here and after a quick introduction, the tour will start.
- Drive to Usgalimal which is 65 KM away from Panaji and it would take almost 2 hours to reach.
- Begin this tour at an ancient site in Goa located in a small hamlet on the banks of the river Kushavati. The petroglyphs or rock engravings from Panasalimal on the banks of river Kushavati date back to the stone age.
- The engravings on laterite have a depiction of animals, concentric circles, and human figurines.
- Our archaeologist will also show you a figure consisting of three stylized human arms or legs radiating from a centre and a series of concentric circles thought to have been a primitive means of measuring time.
- Drive to Rivona to visit Rivona caves which are a natural cave made of laterite and this cave is believed to be the home of Pandavas of Mahabharata time during their exile.
- Next stop would be Bubble lake at Netravati, which is located in the vicinity of Gopinath temple. The interesting fact about the lake is that the bubble raises when we clap!
- Our archaeologist will give some inputs regarding the scientific and miracle part of it.
- Later, visit Tanishkar's farm situated in the rainforest region of Western Ghats at Netravali village.
- Traditional Goan lunch is served in the earthen vessel and after the lunch take a tour of the farm and learn about the different spices that are grown there.
- At the end of the tour, you will be dropped back to the hotel/ residence in Goa by 5:00 PM approximately.
- All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Driver and fuel charges
- Any toll and parking charges.
- Service of a knowledgeable archaeologist.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Monument entrance fees (as per the itinerary).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5500 Per Person
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.