North Goa Museum Tour Led by Archaeologist
This tour is specially designed for art and architecture lovers who would love to explore the museums and to get an insight into the history and culture of the Portuguese period in India.
- Explore the museums of North Goa with an archaeologist.
- Visit Houses of Goa, a museum that resembles the shape of a ship.
- Understand the fine combination of Indian and Portuguese architecture.
- Complimentary lunch during the tour.
In the North Goa museum tour, you go museum hopping with an archaeologist to discover and appreciate the vivid culture and rich history of North Goa. This tour takes us to the Museum of Goa, Houses of Goa, Museum of Christian Art and the Museum of Archeological Survey of India.
- Your host cum guide for the tour will meet you at your hotel or residence in Goa at 9:30 AM.
- After a formal introduction with the host, drive to Museum of Goa.
- It brings together artists, curators, collectors, art enthusiasts, educators, students and audiences from all walks of life.
- You get to see paintings, sculptures, installations and various types of interactive art created by artists from all over the world. You also visit a mini-auditorium that screens video art.
- Next up go to the Houses of Goa, which is an amalgamation of eastern and western architectural style. The Museum is built on a traffic island and is in the shape of a triangle and resembles a ship
- You will be taken to a local restaurant to have traditional Goan cuisine.
- Visit the Museum of Christian Art which is the only one of its kind in Asia.
- Every object displayed in the museum reflects the immense wealth of the Churches of Goa. An interesting aspect of the collection is that many were made by local Hindu artists.
- Next stop would be the Museum of Archaeological Survey of India. The collection of exhibits range from prehistoric and early historic period to the late mediaeval period.
- Witness the display of portrait paintings of governors and viceroys, wooden sculptures, pillars, capitals, postal stamps and other objects from the Portuguese period in Goa.
- At the end of the tour, you will be dropped back to the hotel/ residence in Goa by 5:30 PM.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned cab for the duration of the tour.
- Pick-up and drop to the address in Goan city limits.
- Services of a knowledgable tour guide for the tour.
- Entry charges to places of visit.
- Lunch during the tour.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Toll and parking charges for the cab.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5000 Per Person
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.