Kodachadri, situated in the Western Ghat region is a natural heritage site, as declared by Karnataka Government. Come trek to the serene lush green environs and take a break from the bustle of your city life.
- Trek to the highest point in Shimoga District.
- Visit the historical Nagara Fort.
- Experience the rich biodiversity of the region, while trekking through the dense forest.
Located in Shivamoga district Kodachadri peak at an elevation of (1343m) is a must-do on every trekker and adventure enthusiasts bucket list. Thick forests beautiful sunsets and open grasslands make this an ideal trekking destination.
Start your trip on Friday night after boarding the vehicle from the pickup locations which will be informed before the trip. We will reach Kantihole village in Hosanagar taluk in Shivamogga district early in the morning, one can freshen up have breakfast and head to the base of Kodachadri.
While on the trek we cross Hidlumane falls and thick jungle trails of the Western Ghats. Once we reach the peak we can visit the Sarvagna Peeta Shankaracharya Temple. The Temple is constructed on the site where Sri Adi Shankaracharya is supposed to have meditated and offered his worship to Devi Sarawati.
Day 1: Overnight journey to Kodachadri
- You are requested to report at the nearest pickup location at the below-mentioned timings.
- Indiranagar near KFC signal at 9:00 PM.
- Domlur near new Shanti Sagar hotel at 9:15 PM.
- MG road near opposite to 1 MG mall at 9:30 PM.
- You will meet the guide and fellow travellers here and start an overnight journey to Kodachadri.
Day 2: Trek to Kodachadri peak and descend back
- Reach early morning to the homestay, freshen up and have breakfast by 7:30 AM.
- Carry packed lunch before leaving for the trek and you can start the trek by 8:00 AM.
- Commence trekking to the top of Kodachadri peak which is around 14 km one side (approximately).
- Have lunch en route to the peak.
- Enjoy the beautiful sunset at the peak and descent back to the homestay on a 4X4 vehicle.
- Return to the homestay, freshen up and have dinner after a while and enjoy an optional bonfire, take rest in the camps.
Day 2: Visit Nagara fort and start the journey back to Bangalore
- On Sunday wake up early, have breakfast and visit Nagara fort on the way back to Bangalore.
- Have self-sponsored lunch on the way to Bangalore and the group is expected to reach back by late evening.
- Accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis.
- 2 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner, Evening snacks and tea (Vegetarian meals only).
- Sightseeing as specified in the itinerary.
- Transportation as per the itinerary.
- Forest permits.
- Service of an expert guide.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
₹ 3799 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.