Hampta Pass & Chandratal Trek
This wonderful trail is meant for everyone, right from adventurous first timers to seasoned hikers. Hampta pass trek is considered the easiest and convenient of all treks in Himanchal Pradesh. The variation in the trails is enormous, from scenic landscapes, open green pastures and meadows to glacial valleys. The adventurous and hair rising journey makes this trekking expedition to Hampta pass an exciting one! You will be required to do a few river crossings, camp in complete wilderness and walk long stretches on certain days.
We start from the lush green valleys of Manali and trek towards the semi-arid region of the Lahaul valley. During the first two days of the hike we move through the lush green landscape, having several meadows inhabited by local shepherds. We walk along rivers, streams and a few waterfalls as well! The route to the top might be under snow depending upon the conditions and might pose some difficulties. Once we crossover the pass, we shall descend steeply to the grass lands of Shea Gahru. The last stage of the trek is in the stark and beautiful Lahaul valley and will take us to Chatru from Shea Gahru. This is an easy section with a few tricky situations to keep you on your toes. From Chatru we board a waiting vehicle to be driven up to the beautiful Chandratal lake, where we camp for the night. Chandratal is truly a jewel of the mountains, being one of the finest high altitude lakes in the country. After visiting the lake, we hike up towards Kunzum La (4600m) through a very scenic landscape. Here we board the waiting vehicle and drive back to Manali. The detailed itinerary is below!
Day 1:- Manali (2000m) - Jobra (2707m) – Chikha (3000m) Drive & Trek
Day 2:- Chikha (3000m) – Balu ka Gera (3600m) Trek
Day 3:- Balu ka Gera (3600m) – Hampta Pass (4300m) – Sheagoru(3700m) Trek
Day 4:- Sheagoru(3700m) – Chatru (3300m) – Chandratal (4300m) Trek & Drive
Day 5:- Chandratal (4300m) – Kunzum pass (4600m) – Manali (2000m) Trek & Drive
- Accommodation (Guest house, Home stay & Tents)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.) (Egg)
- Trek equipment (Tents, Sleeping Bags, Dining & Toilet tents, Chairs, Tables etc)
- First aid, medical kits and oxygen cylinder
- Qualified & experienced Professional trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
- Transport from Manila & return
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that