Hampta Pass & Chandratal Trek
4 Nights/5 Days
This wonderful trail is meant for everyone, right from adventurous first timers to seasoned hikers. Hampta pass trek is considered the easiest and convenient of all treks in Himanchal Pradesh. The variation in the trails is enormous, from scenic landscapes, open green pastures and meadows to glacial valleys. The adventurous and hair rising journey makes this trekking expedition to Hampta pass an exciting one! You will be required to do a few river crossings, camp in complete wilderness and walk long stretches on certain days.
We start from the lush green valleys of Manali and trek towards the semi-arid region of the Lahaul valley. During the first two days of the hike we move through the lush green landscape, having several meadows inhabited by local shepherds. We walk along rivers, streams and a few waterfalls as well! The route to the top might be under snow depending upon the conditions and might pose some difficulties. Once we crossover the pass, we shall descend steeply to the grass lands of Shea Gahru. The last stage of the trek is in the stark and beautiful Lahaul valley and will take us to Chatru from Shea Gahru. This is an easy section with a few tricky situations to keep you on your toes. From Chatru we board a waiting vehicle to be driven up to the beautiful Chandratal lake, where we camp for the night. Chandratal is truly a jewel of the mountains, being one of the finest high altitude lakes in the country. After visiting the lake, we hike up towards Kunzum La (4600m) through a very scenic landscape. Here we board the waiting vehicle and drive back to Manali. The detailed itinerary is below!
Day 1:- Manali (2000m) - Jobra (2707m) – Chikha (3000m) Drive & Trek
Day 2:- Chikha (3000m) – Balu ka Gera (3600m) Trek
Day 3:- Balu ka Gera (3600m) – Hampta Pass (4300m) – Sheagoru(3700m) Trek
Day 4:- Sheagoru(3700m) – Chatru (3300m) – Chandratal (4300m) Trek & Drive
Day 5:- Chandratal (4300m) – Kunzum pass (4600m) – Manali (2000m) Trek & Drive
- Accommodation (Guest house, Home stay & Tents)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.) (Egg)
- Trek equipment (Tents, Sleeping Bags, Dining & Toilet tents, Chairs, Tables etc)
- First aid, medical kits and oxygen cylinder
- Qualified & experienced Professional trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
- Transport from Manila & return
- Any camera fees
- All food & beverages costs apart from the ones mentioned above
- Any personal expenditure (Toiletries, medicines, etc.)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Cost Includes".
Best season for this trek is from mid-June to mid-October. In the early days we will catch a lot of snow on the high passes which reduces by August. Towards the latter part of the season we may even catch rain towards Kullu-Manali valley but on the Spiti side we will have bright & sunny days. Days are generally going to be sunny and warm (14-20 °C) while the night temperature at the highest campsite would be in the range of -3 to 8°C. In the latter part of the season (Sep – mid-Oct) there is very little snow on the trail and good weather throughout but with possibility of snowfall. The days are sunny with temperatures hovering around (14-20 °C) the evenings start getting cold with the onset of October and nights are comparatively colder (-6 to 6°C).
- 75% of the total amount paid will be refunded if the travel plan is cancelled by the customer 60 days or more prior to the date of commencement of travel.
- 50% of the total amount paid will be refunded if the travel plan is cancelled by the customer 30 days or more prior to the date of commencement of travel.
- 25% of the total amount paid will be refunded if the travel plan is cancelled by the customer 15 days or more prior to the date of commencement of travel.
- No money shall be refunded in case of cancellation of travel plan less than 15 days prior to the date of commencement of travel.