Tribal Tour In Odisha
Witness the different tribes of the state of Odisha and experience their heritage, get a chance to interact with them and shop at their markets.
- The destinations covered will be Visakhapatnam, Nandapur, and Koraput.
- Enjoy the trip travelling on the Indian Railways and witnessing the sceneries of the state.
- Meet the very interesting tribes Bonda/Remo and interact to know more about them.
Of all the states of India, Orissa has the largest number of tribes, as many as 62 in terms of percentage they constitute an impressive 24% of the total population of the state. These tribes mainly inhabit the Tribes of Odisha and Eastern Ghats hill range, which runs in the north-south direction. More than half of their population is concerned in three districts of Koraput (undivided), Sundergarh and Mayurbhanj. Come and interact with the tribes to know more about them and learn about their cultures and values and make the best of your holidays.
Day 1: Tuesday: Visakhapatnam to Bheja Station and local sightseeing in Tribal Villages
- You are requested to arrive early morning at Visakhapatnam Railway Station, where you will be meeting the hosts.
- Then board the local train at 6:35 AM to Bheja station through picturesque Araku Valley.
- This spectacular train ride passes through various tunnels, mountains, beautiful valleys, waterfall, and tribal hamlet.
- Upon arrival at Bheja station, meet the local hosts, who will help you to transfer to Desia camp.
- At the Desia Camp, a warm welcome to the Desia project by the host with rituals awaits you. Post lunch, walk to nearby Harijan, Paraja village and enjoy the sunset view at the gorgeous Duduma waterfall.
Day 2: Wednesday: A trip to Nandapur
- The next morning after your breakfast you would be taking a short drive to Nandapur, to visit the weekly market for Gadaba and Mali tribes.
- Walk-in and around the market and also to the villages. Enjoy the peaceful walk in the valley exploring the tribes.
- Shop for organic fruits and vegetables from the market and bring to Desia and learn the preparation of local cuisine from the tribal cook.
- Spend overnight stay at Desia.
Day 3: Thursday: Meeting the Bonda/Remo Tribes
- On the third day, you will meet one of the most interesting tribes of India who are called the Bonda or Remo.
- Especially Bonda ladies adorn with ornaments and pieces of jewellery in the upper body and which looks very colourful while they walk down from the hilly trails to the weekly market.
- The Bonda tribes carry their homemade alcohol to sell in this market. You have the great opportunity to meet and interact with this community and if desired share a drink with them.
- Also during the course of the day's tour, you will meet another interesting indigenous tribe, the Gadaba tribe.
- You will drive back to Desia for some delicious lunch.
- In the evening, undertake a short walk to Mali village along the riverside exploring more of nature.
- You would be staying overnight at the Desia Hotel.
Day 4: Friday: Visit Koraput
- After your breakfast with the hosts and checking-out from the hotel, you will have a quick drive to Koraput via Kunduli to visit the largest tribal market for Paraja, mali tribes and also cattle trade.
- Exploring the market and shopping for some souvenirs.
- You will be dropped at Koraput to board the train/bus in the afternoon for your onward destination.
- And your trip will come to an end with lots of memories and explorations in the state Odisha.
- Meals like Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the tour.
- Transportation chatrges on a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Guide charges.
- Accommodation charges on twin sharing basis.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 25000 Per Couple
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.