Temple Tour in Bhubaneshwar with a Guide
A 3-hour heritage walk across the temples in Bhubaneshwar with a guide who knows the temples like the back of his hand.
- Know the history and culture of the sculptures of the iconic temples.
- Covers all the famous temples in just 3 hours.
- Spend a day acknowledging the rich culture and heritage of the temples in Bhubaneshwar.
It is a heritage walk which combines mythology, history and cultural stories to weave a narrative around the temples of Bhubaneswar and how romance has been depicted through the sculptures in various places. Unlike other walks that focus on just the archaeology or architecture and give surface-level information, our trails take a more story-led approach. The research behind the stories is done by archaeologists and anthropologists and the stories have been carefully curated.
- You are requested to report at the Mukteswara Temple at 6:30 AM where you would meet your guide for the tour.
- The tour would start with the Mukteswara Temple, Bhubaneswar. Mukteswara Temple is one of the finest specimens of Odia temple architecture and it was built when temple architecture was at its zenith. You would spend 30 minutes there.
- Next up, you will be going to Parsurameswara Temple, near Bindu Sagar Pond, this temple was built in the 7th Century A.D. This is one of the earliest temples built in Bhubaneswar that is still standing. Again you would be spending 30 minutes there.
- Next on the list is the Kedargauri Temple, it is a living temple with the Gouri temple being a Khakhara temple. Duration spent there would be 15 minutes.
- The visit to the Kedargauri Temple would be followed by the Ananta Vasudeva Temple, in the main city. Ananta Vasudeva Temple is the only Vaishnavite temple in the region. Duration spent there would be 15 minutes.
- Visit Lingaraja Temple, the most famous temple and the tallest temple in the city. It is the second tallest standing example of Kalingan Architecture after the Jagannath Temple in Puri. Duration spent there would be 45 minutes.
- You would be ending the tour with a visit to the Bindu Sagar. The largest tank in the Old town area being fed a perennial natural spring, there are a lot of stories in Bindu Sagar that need telling. Duration spent there would be 15 minutes.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 599 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.