Jagannath Temple Darshan from Puri
A weekend getaway to visit the greatest attraction of Puri, the world-famous temple of Jagannatha and Konark's Sun temple.
- Visit Jagannath and Sun Temple with a local priest.
- Explore the holy city on a Green Rickshaw visiting Ashrams, Mathas and many more.
- Company of a knowledgeable host.
Welcome to the holy Dham Puri where abodes the living God Sree Jagannath along with elder brother Balabhadra and sister Subhadra making Puri out of four dams in India which every Hindu wants to visit at least once in a lifetime.
This Dham is a living legend from ages that has attracted many saints, sadhus, philosophers, and pilgrimage in various times who came here to get a glimpse of this God which symbolizes secularism or unity in diversity. The rituals here are performed like a living person and it incorporates many religions and faiths to one.
Here you go to the temple not to pray but they have a Darshan or to meet the living God, to establish eye contact or to get immersed with emotion. Truly, meeting this God is a different and unique divine experience.
Day 1: Exploring Puri
- You are requested to report at the Puri Railway Station and meet the representatives at the station.
- The short and meet will be followed by a transfer to the hotel and lunch.
- During the afternoon explore the holy city on a Green Rickshaw service which will take you on a ride through the lanes of the old city where you will visit various ancient Ashrams, Mathas, old tanks that are connected with the history of Jagarnath temple.
- In the evening the Green Rickshaw will bring you to the Jagannath temple where the Panda (the local term for priest) will meet and escort you to this 12th-century living temple.
- Meet The Lord during the evening Aarti and witness the Changing of Dwhaja (Flag) as the priest climbs the temple to perform this ritual.
- Post completion of the tour, you will be driven back to the hotel after dinner at a local vegetarian restaurant.
Day 2: Visiting Sun Temple, Konark
- The next morning you will be visiting the Jagannath temple once again to see the morning rituals - Mangala Aarati.
- After your breakfast, check out from the hotel and visit Sakhigopal temple (20 kilometres from Puri) and Alarnath temple which have deep mythological relation with Jagannath culture.
- Next up, proceed to pray in the Nabagraha temple at the world heritage site of Sun Temple Konark.
- After the completion of the tour, you would be coming back to Puri in the evening and board the evening train to Bhubaneshwar/your onward destination.
- Accommodation in a twin sharing room.
- All meals (2 breakfast, Two veg lunch, and two dinners on fixed menu basis).
- Green Rider Rickshaw tour.
- Excursion by a private car.
- Panda (Priest) service at Jagannath temple.
- Bottled water during the journey.
- All taxes and parking charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3499 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.