Trek to Pindari Glacier Ex Kathgodam
The Pindari Glacier is located in Uttarakhand in Kumaun zone between NANDA DEVI and NANDAKOT mountains. The locals proudly refer to it as the Soul of Kumaon. It is one of the most easily accessible glaciers of Himalaya.
- Trek through dense lush green rhododendron forests, alongside streams ending at two massive glaciers of Uttarakhand.
- View the stunning Verdant landscapes of Pindari hills and walk on the Pindari Glacier.
- Explore the villages of Karmi and Khati
Pindari Glacier trek located in Kumaon Himalayan region in Bageshwar district Of Uttrakhand and to the Southeast of Nanda Devi, Nanda Kot. It’s a huge and steep glacier measuring 3.2km in length & 1.5km in breadth. Zero point of this Glacier is situated at a breathtaking altitude of 3,660mts above the sea-level & 5 km ahead of Phurkia. It Is The source of “Pindar River” which meets with Alaknanda river at the confluence of Karnaprayag in Garhwal region.
Day 1: Arrival at Kathgodam and drive to Karmi village | 250 KM approx
- You are requested to report at Kathgodam Railway Station by 6:30 AM and meet the guide.
- Meet the guide and fellow travellers here and have a short meet and greet.
- Drive to Karmi village and it will take about 7-8 hours to reach Karmi village.
- Reach Karmi village and check into a homestay.
- Have a warm cup of tea and relax to stay overnight at Karmi village.
Day 2: Drive to Karmi village and trek to Kharkiya | 5 KM trek
- Rise up with the beautiful view from the guest house and have a nice breakfast.
- You will have time to explore Karmi village and you can take a small walk.
- After lunch, start the drive to Kharkiya and start the trek to Khati village.
- This is just a 5 km trek and a relaxing trek.
- Reach Khati village and check into a homestay.
- Have tea, sit back and relax, later dinner will be served and stay overnight at the homestay.
Day 3: Trek from Khati village to Dwali | 13 KM trek
- After breakfast, start the trek to Dwali from Khati village.
- The trek is 13 KM and the trail is a scenic and you will cross small hamlets on the way.
- Reach Dwali by evening and you may stay in guest house or camps according to the availability.
- You will be provided with dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: Trek to Pindari via Phurkiya from Dwali
- Start the trek after breakfast and today it will be a trek to Pindari glacier.
- Explore the nearby locations in coordination with the trek leader
- You will reach Pindari glacier after crossing the beautiful meadows of Phurkiya.
- By evening, arrive at Pindari and set up tents.
- While having dinner learn about the wildlife and lifestyle of the Himalayan region.
- Stay overnight in the tents.
Day 5: Exploration day at Pindari glacier
- Today is the exploration day at the top, so have breakfast and get ready to explore.
- There are some attractions which are not to be missed in the region like Pindari baba Muth and other.
- You can take a walk and visit nearby regions with the guide.
- Overnight stay in tents.
Day 6: Trek to Khati village from Pindari Glacier
- You will start the journey very early in the morning, just after the sunrise.
- It is a long day as you will have to walk 22 KM, however, it is a downstream.
- Reach Khati village by late evening and take rest for the day after having dinner.
Day 7: Trek to Kharkiya and drive to Kathgodam to end the trek
- Today is the final day of the trek, so enjoy the trek to Kharkiya post breakfast.
- This will be a 5KM trek and after reaching Kharkiya, take a drive to Kathgodam.
- Kathgodam is 250 KM away and it might take 5-6 hours to reach.
- Once you reach Kathgodam, you are free to proceed to your onward destination.
- Guide and cook fees
- Rent for camping equipment
- Forest entry charges & Permits
- Transport to/from Kathgodam
- Porter and mule support to carry camping equiptment. Please note that personal luggage will not be carried by mules and porters.
- All veg meals starting from day 1 dinner to day 7 breakfast. We provide hot breakfast and hot dinner. On trekking days packed lunch will be provided.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We keep our groups small for better over all experience. Typically our group size is between 6 to 10 trekkers. On few long weekends and holidays could see a group size of upto 15.
We serve delicious Indian vegetarian food and eggs during the trek.
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
You will receive good network up to the towns of Mussoorie, Rishikesh. Beyond these network is intermittent and quite weak. Please inform anxious family members in advance that you will be out of coverage area during this trek. There will be no electric charging points anywhere on the trek.
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
Our tented accommodation is provided at twin sharing basis. The tents that we provide are best in class and are professional grade. You can read more about it here: http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/blog/15_vango-halo-300-technical-trekking-tent.html
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.