Wayanad 2-Day Tour from Bangalore
Enjoy the beautiful hill station of Wayanad in Kerala and relax to the scenic views of the Western Ghats adjoining the Nilgiri hills.
- 2-Day private cab tour from Bangalore to Wayanad and back.
- Explore the local sights of Wayanad on your private cab, hassle-free.
- Explore the caves of Edakkal- which is believed to be of the Neolithic age.
Wayanad is one of the best hill stations of Kerala, and this place has a variety of places to offer to the tourists. The name Wayanad is derived from Vayal Nadu which means the land of paddy fields. Soochipara waterfalls, Meenmutty waterfalls, Banasura Sagar dam, Chembra peak, Edakkal caves, Lakkidi viewpoint, Pookote lake are few of the must visit places of Wayanad. Wayanad has a rich history and the hills of Wayanad have several shreds of evidence of the New Stone Age civilization.
Day 1: Drive from Bangalore, reach Wayanad and visit Banasura Sagar Dam
- The tour starts with the pick-up from the guest's hotel/residence in Bangalore city at the time selected during the booking.
- The drive to Wayanad is about 295 km from Bangalore and it takes up to 8 hours approximately to reach Wayanad.
- The guest can stop for lunch/refreshment breaks during the road journey, as convenient to them.
- Visit the Banasura Sagar dam, just a few kilometres before Wayanad, is the largest earthen dam in India and the second largest in Asia.
- The dam is built on Karamanathodu River, a tributary of River Kabini. The guests can also enjoy the boat ride at the backwaters of this river.
- The driver will drop the guests at the hotel/resort in Wayanad
Day 2: Local sightseeing tour of Wayanad.
- After breakfast, start the tour by visiting Edakkal caves, these caves are said to be formed with the arrows fired by Lava and Kusha, the sons of Lord Sri Rama.
- The caves also house the drawings that range over periods of the Neolithic, said to be 5,000 BC to 1,000 BCE.
- One of the popular attraction is also the Wayanad Heritage Museum, one of the best heritage museums in Kerala.
- The museum houses fascinating items from tribal communities dating back to the 2nd-Century AD.
- Our next stop would be Soochipara waterfalls, a beautiful waterfall of Wayanad, at its best just after the monsoon.
- The name Soochipara comes from the words "soochi" means rock and "para" means needle, people find needle-shaped pebbles in the area.
- The guests can explore the local market for pick up some souvenirs and try out some local delicacies.
- The guests are dropped back to the hotel in Wayanad.
- you may visit Lakkidi, this is known as the Gateway of Wayanad.
- The guests may cover the following recommended places before starting the return journey to Bangalore:
- Lakkidi viewpoint offers splendid views of the surrounding cliffs and the valleys.
- Pookote lake, a natural freshwater lake is surrounded with evergreen forests and rolling hills. We can also enjoy boating in this lake, which is a beautiful experience.
- Start the drive to Bangalore in time to not reach very late, drive to Bangalore will be about 8 hours long.
- The driver will drop the guests to the hotel/residence (same as the starting point) by late evening.
Note: Wayanad is known for the heart-shaped lake at Chembra peak. One may choose to take a small trek to Chembra peak on the second day.
- All transportation in an air-conditioned (A.C.) vehicle.
- Pick up and drop off (Bangalore city limits).
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Driver meals and accommodation.
- Sightseeing tour.
- Usage of the vehicle up to 600 KM.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 8970 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.