Baghini / Bagini Glacier Trek
7 Nights/8 Days
2 to 12 people
Trek through one of the most beautiful valleys in the Himalayas. With great views of Mt. Dunagiri 7066m, a peak that looks like a crown of a great king, close view of Rishi Pahad, the snout of Rishi Ganga to the base camp of the killer mountain - Changa Banga 6864m makes this trek a unique experience.
The sight of the Bagini Glacier will definitely itch your curiosity to a level you had never known before. Its a rare view of a Himalayan glacier with such a simple hike, and gets your understanding of a Himalayan river system very clear.
The associated history of the Dronagiri village with Ramayana is another interesting thing in this trek. Its said that Shri Hanumaji had lifted up the hill of Dronagiri village when he had been asked to collect 'Sanjeevani Booti' for Lord Laxmana, to bring him to life. As a result of which, during festivals in the village, when the villagers enact Ramayana, they act only till that scene... The hospitality of the Rongpa people, witnessing local life, their hardships and farming are an added icing to an already wonderful trek.
- Views of peaks - Mt. Dunagiri 7066m, Rishi Pahad, Hardeol, Trishuli and Changa Banga 6864m
- The magnificient Bagini Glacier and the geographic landscape it is creating with its movement beneath the ground. Lots of open tarns - glacial lakes and its lateral moraine is a view that will capture your imaginations
- The Rongpa tribes and their hospitality.
- Dronagiri village, a village at almost 4000m up in the Himalayas is a beautiful villages with some 20 odd houses where very few family stays. Mostly the grand parents stay there while the full family arrives during holidays or festivals.
- The mythological story of Hanuman Ji lifting and carrying off the mountain behind the village for sanjeevani booti for Lora Laxman is very interesting. Due to the event, its been told that while playing Ram Leela, its only enacted till that part where Hanuman Ji carries off the hill.
- Lots of flowers are seen on the trail.
Day 1 :- Haridwar to Joshimath.
Day 2 :- Joshimath to Jumma & trek to ruing village
Day 3 :- Ruing Village to Dronagiri Village
Day 4 :- Dronagiri village to Bagini Base camp via Longartoli .
Day 5 :- Explore Baghini Glacier
Day 6 :- Base camp to Dronagiri Village
Day 7 :- Dronagiri Village to Joshimath, via Ruing, Jumma
Day 8 :- Joshimath to Haridwar.
Peaks At Glance: Changabang ( 6864m ), Dunagiri ( 7066m ), Hardeol ( 7151m ), Rishi Pahar ( 6997m ), Saf Minal ( 6911m ), Tirsuli ( 7074m ), Dunagiri East ( 6421m )
Glaciers At Glance: Baghini / Bagini Glacier, Baghini / Bagini Glacier, East Dunagiri Glacier
Rivers At Glance: Rishi Ganga
Villages At Glance: Ruing, Dronagiri
National Parks: Nanda Devi Outer Sanctuary
- Accommodation in spacious tents on trek, 2man/ 3man tents
- Sub Zero Sleeping bags
- Warm Fleece Sleeping Bag Inners For Extra Hygiene and Warmth
- All required camping gears
- Separate toilet tents for men and women
- Separate Dining and Kitchen Tents
- Full board meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Well equipped support team
- All other equipment and safety gears
- High Altitude Medical Kit
- Experienced and Well Equipped English/ Hindi Speaking Trek Leader
- Expert and Knowledgeable local guide
- All forest permits and camping fees
- BAGGAGE OFFLOAD ( optional at extra cost )
- TRANSPORT Ex Haridwar : Can be arranged on request.
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Personal Purchases
- Food Purchased Outside Our Menu
- Personal Gears
Duration: 8 days/ 7 nights, Haridwar to Haridwar
Highest Altitude: 4600m
Best Time: Apr to June, Sep to Nov
Terrain: Meadows, forest
Activity Type: Trek
Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
Starts At: Joshimath
Ends At: Joshimath
Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehraoon, Uttrakhand
Nearest Rail Head: Rishikesh, Uttrakhand
- Upto 45 days from the trek start date - Full Refund
- 45th day to 31st day from the trek start date - 80% refund
- 30th day to 21st day from the trek start date - 60% refund
- 20th day to 11th day from the trek start date - 20% refund
- 10 days and later - No Refund
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
Yes, you will be provided with tents and sleeping bags & mattress. Our sleeping bags are high altitude category and can withstand temperatures as low as -10º C. Couples are given two person tents and groups are give three or four person tents.