Shivanasamudra, Talakadu & Somanathapura Day Tour from Mysore
See the picturesque beauty of majestic Shivasamudra waterfalls, appreciate the purity and architectural beauty of Channakesava temple at Somanathpura and the serenity at mystical Talakadu temples in this perfect Day tour from Bangalore.
- See the majestic Shivasamudra waterfalls - the second biggest waterfall in India
- Explore the history and classical architecture of Chennakesava Temple at Somnathpura.
- Get to know the mystery of ‘Curse of Talakadu’ and appreciate the exquisiteness of the ancient temple.
Connect with us Live by clicking on the 'Chat' button or WhatsApp Click here
Shivasamudra waterfalls are the second biggest waterfall in India and a sight to watch. The Shivanasamudra Falls are actually twin falls Gaganachukki and Bharachukki, one km away from each other.
Talakadu also was known as the ‘city of lost temples' is a small deserted hamlet on the banks of Kaveri River. Talakadu once had over 30 temples, most of which & the old Talkadu town now lay buried in the sand. There are now 5 temples at Talkadu that have been unearthed, Vaidyanatheshwara temple is the most famous of them.
Visit Somnathpur, home to the 13th century Hoysala Chennakesava Temple, also known as a Keshava Temple. The temple is built on a star-shaped platform and has three carved pinnacles and shrines. The temple is dedicated to Lord Janardhana, Venugopala, and Kesava.
Somnathpur is a great place for sandalwood oil, incense sticks, and other handicrafts. There are many local artisans that are involved in the production of teak, rosewood and sandalwood carvings. Somnathpur is also renowned for Mysore style painting of Indian Gods.
- The tour starts with your pick up from hotel or residence at the requested time slot.
- You will be driven to Somanathpura which is approximately 2 hours drive from Mysore.
- After reaching, visit Chennakesava Temple, which is one of the finest Hoysala architecture and soak in the history related to it.
- You can stop for lunch in a local restaurant and later, you can proceed to take a drive to Talakadu and explore the mysterious town and its ancient temples
- Next stop would be Shivasamudra waterfalls, is situated on the banks of the river Kaveri
- Head back to Mysore, and the driver will drop you at the starting point to end the tour
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour hence the vehicle can not be used for the local Mysore city tour.
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan or SUV
- Driver and fuel charges
- Pickup and drop-off from Mysore Hotel or Residence
- Tour as per the itinerary
- 12 hours of usage (Extra hourly charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details)
- Monument entrance fees, to be paid directly at the monuments
- Personal expenses
- Tolls & Parking
- Any meals
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- This is not a guided tour.
- The driver will know the local language, English speaking driver can be requested for during the booking in "Special Request" section, though the same cannot be promised.
- This a fixed itinerary tour, the guests may choose to skip any of the places but no new place can be added to the itinerary.
- Pick up and drop has to be in the same location
- Airport pick-up and drop is available at an additional cost (select add-on while booking).
- Sedans (4-seater) models provided are Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios or similar
- SUV (6-seater) models provided are Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga or similar
- Night charge of Rs.300 is applicable if the cab service is used beyond 10:00 pm
- The tour has a time limit of 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, additional per hour charges are applicable (to be paid directly to the driver in cash)
- For Sedan (4-seater) Rs 100 per hour
- For SUV (6-seater) Rs. 150 per hour
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Pick-up from Mysore Residence or Hotel
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick up point. Please enter the full pick up address at the checkout page.
₹ 4485 Per Vehicle
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.