Chopta - Tunganath Trek
The trek passes through forests and vast meadows, and offers excellent views of snow clad Himalayas.
Magnificent in its architecture and artistic structure, Tungnath is the highest Shiva temple perched at an elevation of 3400mts.
The trek goes through rocky terrains, green meadows and rhododendron bushes showering us with visual vistas of nature.
- Grade: Simple
- No. of Days: 4D/3N
- Max Altitude: 3,600 mts (Chandrashila Peak)
- Experience the scenic vistas of Deoria Tal campsite
- Hike to the summit - Chandrashila Peak
- Trek to the meadows of white sheet through Chopta village
- Visit the 1000-year-old highest Shiva temple at Tungnath (3680 m)
- Campsites in the meadows or by the streams
Day 1:- HARIDWAR to SARI (Drive 6 hrs) & Trek to DEORITAL (2hrs)
Day 2:- DEORITAL to CHOPTA (Trek 6-7 hrs)
Day 3:- CHOPTA – TUNGANATH – CHANDRASHILA peak - CHOPTA (6 hrs trek)
Day 4:- CHOPTA – HARIDWAR (Drive 6 hrs)
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.) (Egg)
- Trek equipments.
- First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
- Qualified & experienced Professional trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
- Transport from Haridwar and return.
- Any camera fees
- All food & beverages costs apart from the ones mentioned above
- Any personal expenditure (Toiletries, medicines, etc.)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Cost Includes".
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
List of Essentials:
1. Shirts / T-shirts
2. Trousers / Track Pants
3. Windproof jacket
4. Fleece / Full-sleeve Woolen sweater
5. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
6. Woolen cap
7. Mittens (Woolen gloves)
9. Woolen socks (extra pairs to be carried)
10. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
11. Raincoat / Poncho
13. Water bottle
14. Cap / Hat
15. Walking stick / Trekking pole
16. Sunscreen Lotion
17. Lip Balm
18. Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
19. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
22. Personal toiletries
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.